High Res Screenshot ignores path tracer denoised Image!!

Hi. When I used UE 4.27, I used Path tracing to create a still render.

Usual process: place the camera, fullscreen the viewport, select path tracing viewmode, wait for the image to denoise and then export via the “High Resolution snapshot”. Nothing wrong.

Since I installed UE 5, I tried to make the same proces, but when I hit the “High Res Snapshot” on the denoised image, the image starts to render again and the exported image is a noised image.

Its like the High Res button trigers the rendering process again.

Tried to do it again in 4.27 but now it also has the same problem.

1 Like

Hi, don’t know if this solved or not…

Highly recommend you to check out a plugins “Runtime Screenshot Pro” that can super easy to solve your issue & capture a Path Tracing image, both in runtime or editor-time. Link in here :smile:

1 Like

A possible solution is to use the r.HighResScreenshotDelay command and then use HighResShot.

To calculate the necessary Delay value I recommend you to check the Output Log in the Path Tracing View Mode, there you will find the output “LogOpenImageDenoise” in which you will find a reference of size and time.

Reference: “LogOpenImageDenoise: Denoised 795 x 580 pixels in 336.79 ms”.

795 x 580 (461,100px) in 336.79 ms

With this reference you will know how long the Denoiser takes for a certain amount of pixels. As you can see in the example above, the Denoiser takes 336.79 ms with 461,100 pixels.

So you can now calculate an approximate delay time for your denoiser.

I hope this is helpful!

2 Likes

Same here. Doesn´t work in 5.3.2 either.

Another option is to use Movie Render Queue (MRQ) for rendering. This is the option I am currently trying to implement for my workflows.

I share with you a link from the official Unreal Engine documentation where a possible path to render images using MRQ is exposed.

Link: Path Tracer in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation

2 Likes

Hey, did someone try the DLSS denoiser plugins by nVidia? That might do the trick.

I will try to use them, I will share the results with you soon. Thank you

1 Like