HelpPlease!!!! I cant figure this out.

Hello!

Does anyone how I can correct my terrain grass bouncing light onto my house interior walls? There is no gaps between the wall and floor(floor is just a plane) and I have my lightmap set really high and checked for spacing between my UVs, and I dont see this on my internal walls just the outside ones. All suggestions welcome!

Thanks!!

Hi,

Do you use planes for the walls or actual boxes? Use boxes as it will block the light from both sides.

I usually also put a hollow BSP box around my interior (obviously I cut the windows) to prevent light leaking in from unwanted areas.

Also have a look around on the forums, as this problem have occured many times before, you might find a solution that works for you.

Thank you for your help!!! I was using planes. I fixed it by making it a double sided geo but I know that is not optimal. The box around the interior is a great idea and will try that on my next project. I’m still trying to find some workflow information as to model houses from blueprints exterior and interior that is optimized for UE4. I modeled this by tracing blueprints and then extracting the interior and exteriors sides of my walls to save lightmap space and for different material assignment but not sure this is the best practice. Do you know any tutorials for this?

Yeah, probably capping in the 3d app is the most optimal solution, as you can usually get away with a few capping tris, rather than having to render the front side twice.

For the procedural house creation what do you mean? I’m not sure if I understand the “tracing blueprints and then extracting the interior and exteriors sides of my walls to save lightmap space and for different material assignment” part, can you rephrase it please?

However, I’m aware of one really good video, which is not exactly about the actual generation of the building itself, but has really useful tricks for saving on performance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5LXIApQmzA