Help with Modular Character Please

Hi i have a modular character seen below.
I would like to know how I get my modular parts to seem seamless like the modular assets from epic or on marketplace. IS this something i fix in blender on the core asset? or how can i make it look right?

MY SOLUTION

This ended up being my pipeline in blender. I instead created my base mesh as one solid mesh and rigged it in blender. I then duplicated that base mesh and seamed off my body parts on the duplicate and chopped them up. I then used a data transfer modifier on my body parts to get original vertex data and face corner data and UVs. i then exported each induvial body part with the rig (using auto rigger pro) imported each part to UE5 and assigned the default Manny skeleton and then created the skeleton mesh components in my blueprints and all worked nicely

END RESULT

1 Like

Here are some other pictures

I have my core mesh as my base skeleton and it’s a direct copy of epic skeleton. The mesh is fine it is just cut where it should be from a backup in blender nothing moved, and everything seemed. idk if this is from mesh weights as i know nothing about mesh weighting or if this is an unreal engine issue. any insight would be great. thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for posting the solution, it really helped me right now.