Help with models

Hi, I am totally new to both modeling and using made models in UnrealEngine and I’ve run into some problems.
After building the lighting some of my models get either sort of bulky or just wierd shadows and I just cant figure our why they get this,
any help to resolving this problem would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
Bonny

Increase the lightmap resolution of your mesh or the floor :slight_smile:

Well, I forgot the floor was a brush so I made a simple floor mesh and set the floor and the other static mesh lightmap res to 128,
know any reason why it would still look like this?

Edit: I found this post https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?4237-lighting-errors-on-modiular-Components
where Hobson linked some tutorials/whatnot so I’m gonna check those out since I think that might be close to my problem :stuck_out_tongue:

Normally you just have to increase the lightmap resolution of the ground to a higher value e.g

1st picture = 64…2nd picture = 512

But I think that the 2nd uv channel is the problem -> generate or create one:

Where can I change the lightmap resolution?

Double click onto your static mesh -> on the right property window you will find it

Thanks, found it :slight_smile:

Okay so I’ve pretty much fixed my problem, just wanted to write it here in case other beginners experience the same thing, firstly I made sure that the meshes I used (both the ones that casts the shadow and the floor) was a custom mesh with both a texture and lightmap UV channel, then I upped the lightmap resolution on both and it fixed the problem :slight_smile: