Help setting up Gib Meshes

Hello guys, just a small help needed here.

I know that UDK, by default, spawns gib meshes (gore meshes) for enemies killed with a rocket launcher (there is a property in UTDmgType for each weapon to activate the gib effect).

The problem is that I did turn off gib on some UT Class (some time ago, I think in 2017 whenever I began developing my game), and now I want gibs back, but I trully don’t remember which class I deactivated the spawn of Gib Meshes :frowning:

Here is my characters Family Class, it’s everything correct, these gib meshes classes exist, and I even deleted my modified gibs classes and replaced with original udk gibs classes.

The enemy is destroyed but the gibs are not spawned

/**
 * Copyright 1998-2018 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 */

class UTFamilyInfo_FursanAqsa extends UTFamilyInfo
    abstract;

defaultproperties
{
    FamilyID="Jihad"
    Faction="Fursan Aqsa"

HeadShotEffect=ParticleSystem'T_FX_UT3.Effects.P_FX_HeadShot'
    BloodSplatterDecalMaterial=MaterialInstanceTimeVarying'T_FX_UT3.DecalMaterials.MITV_FX_BloodDecal_Small01'
    GibExplosionTemplate=ParticleSystem'T_FX_UT3.Effects.P_FX_GibExplode'

HeadGib=(BoneName=b_Head,GibClass=class'UTGib_RobotHead',bHighDetailOnly=false)
    Gibs[0]=(BoneName=b_LeftForeArm,GibClass=class'UTGib_RobotArm',bHighDetailOnly=false)
    Gibs[1]=(BoneName=b_LeftLeg,GibClass=class'UTGib_RobotLeg',bHighDetailOnly=false)
    Gibs[2]=(BoneName=b_RightLeg,GibClass=class'UTGib_RobotLeg',bHighDetailOnly=false)
    Gibs[3]=(BoneName=b_Spine,GibClass=class'UTGib_RobotTorso',bHighDetailOnly=false)
    Gibs[4]=(BoneName=b_Spine1,GibClass=class'UTGib_RobotChunk',bHighDetailOnly=true)
    Gibs[5]=(BoneName=b_Spine2,GibClass=class'UTGib_RobotChunk',bHighDetailOnly=true)
    Gibs[6]=(BoneName=b_LeftClav,GibClass=class'UTGib_RobotChunk',bHighDetailOnly=true)
    Gibs[7]=(BoneName=b_RightClav,GibClass=class'UTGib_RobotArm',bHighDetailOnly=true)
    Gibs[8]=(BoneName=b_Head,GibClass=class'UTGib_RobotHead',bHighDetailOnly=false)

BloodEffects[0]=(Template=ParticleSystem'T_FX_UT3.Effects.P_FX_Bloodhit_01_Far',MinDistance=750.0)
    BloodEffects[1]=(Template=ParticleSystem'T_FX_UT3.Effects.P_FX_Bloodhit_01_Mid',MinDistance=350.0)
    BloodEffects[2]=(Template=ParticleSystem'T_FX_UT3.Effects.P_FX_Bloodhit_01_Near',MinDistance=0.0)

BaseTranslationOffset=14.0
}

I created my own gib system in my own way, want to know about it? it uses the skeletal mesh component for it, instead of bone breaking.

@Neongho

Hello mate.

Thanks for the info.

Man, sometimes the answer is so simply that you feel yourself as a complete idiot :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Now I remembered, I have removed (instead of commenting) the line bAlwaysGibs=true for my custom weapons damage classes.

Now the israeli soldiers are gibbing flawlessly (and bloodly) :smiley: :smiley: :D, their body parts fly through the screen…

I am thinking on change a bit the name of my game, like:

Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque
Tactical Terrorism Simulation

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

About your custom gib system, yeah, off course, please tell me how you created it, but in noob terms, because I am still studying and learning Unreal Script.

Cheers! :cool:

I’ll try to make a blog post, but so far you need a “KAssetActor” and then cut the mesh in max or blender or wtvr and then go for spawning a KAssetActor with that limp. And then SetPhysics(PHYS_RigidBody); and much more.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/PhysicalAnimation.html