[Help] Sampling a virtual textures is currently not supported when connected to the Opacity Mask material attribute

Hi, Im new in UE4, have a big problem while I connected to opacity channel, log showed up error message:

^^[SM5] Sampling a virtual textures is currently not supported when connected to the Opacity Mask material attribute^^

Mask sample type was set to Virtual Linear Colour as well as ticked off sRGB. I literally don’t know what I did wrong…

Please advise!!!

2 Likes

Hi. in the “Material Expression Texture Base” set the “Sampler Type” to Color and in the properties of the texture uncheck “Virtual Texture Streaming”.

1 Like

If you have UDIM and set it to Virtual Texture streaming it won’t recognise the other UV tiles. Also it gave me error when I tried to put as a sampler type color

1 Like

I have the Same Exact Issue migrating my materials from UEFN and using an ms preset as a parent to my main surface material in UEFN. Any Help Appreciated.

I just had the same exact issue when migrating. You have to go to you project settings → Rendering → Virtual Texture and check the box “Enable virtual textures for opacity mask” to be true. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Second solution!
Use Material attributes!

1 Like

In UEFN SorryI meant in UEFN