Help needed for Triplanar Shader

Hey folks! Newbie here, and an artist to boot, so attempts not to get too codey in your answers will be appreciated. :smiley:

I’m currently trying to put together a nice template material for triplanar mapping. Basically, I want to make one material with all necessary settings exposed, so I can do material instances, and use it for loads of different things.

However, I’ve run into a problem: I cannot expose my textures as parameters, since they are feeding into a homemade material function that does not allow it. My question is this: How do I make my material function allow it? Can you look at my attached pictures and tell me what I’m doing wrong and how to fix it?

If you should notice something I can optimize in general, feel free to say that also. :slight_smile:

The error I am trying to squash, appearing when I convert the textures to parameters:

The full material as it stands now:

Inside the main material function:

Inside the secondary material function:

You need to use “Texture Object Parameters”. For some reason it doesn’t offer that as a convert right click option, you will have to place them down from scratch.

Wonderful, thank you! Shall try it first thing tomorrow when I get back to it.