Download

HELP! I've got multiple problems, don't know what to do.

Hello there!

I’ve got so many problems I don’t know where to start. I’m a mega noob here and I don’t know how to search for solutions for these problems because I don’t know what’s going on.

If you need any image of my settings or anything, please just ask and I’ll provide it.

I’ve seen some tutorials of Unreal, but none of the ones I’ve seen have come across any of these situations. Thank you in advance.

Problem #1:

As you can see in the image I’m having this problem where multiple parts of my mesh make a very abrupt change of lighting. I don’t understand why this is happening since the UVs are sewn together in most of these parts.

Problem #2:

I don’t know why is the main light casting these lines/shadows, and I’d like to get rid of them.

Problem #3:

How do I make the shadows align with the object that’s casting them. Right now they look offset by a lot.

Problem #4:

I’ve got a material that looks one way in one geometry and looks different in another geometry. Same material, different geos.

You don’t have any lightmaps on your meshes. Start here : https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Content/Types/StaticMeshes/LightmapUnwrapping/

Hey there! Thank you very much for replying.

I read a bit of the documentation that you provided. However, I’m not sure I understand.

I’ve got a 2nd UV set for all of the my meshes, I assumed UE4 would use the 2nd UV set to bake the lightmaps in it. It might be doing it in the 1st set (my textures set), however, I don’t know how to tell UE4 to use the 2nd one.

Also, I don’t think the lightmap will resolve all of the problems I listed here or will it?

Cheers!