Help!, I get these errors when creating a c++ project in UE 5.3

Hi, I downloaded UE5.3. But when I create a project in c++, I get errors.
The warning is : Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2382, 5): [MSB3246] Resolved file has a bad image, no metadata, or is otherwise inaccessible. Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Workspaces.dll’ or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Workspaces.dll’ or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

The error is: DirectoryNode.cs(5, 30): [CS0234] The type or namespace name ‘Options’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Microsoft.CodeAnalysis’ (are you missing an assembly reference?)
I have already deleted the temporary folders, reinstalled, checked the engine files.

1 Like

I’ve been struggling with this, so I hope this is resolved, fortunately, there is a workaround; you can open the .uproject with Rider by right clicking->open with... and after it opens with rider, build from there, the problem is that you can’t see the c++ folders in unreal, but you can still create blueprints from c++ classes there.

1 Like

Do you think it’s a problem with the UE? or my pc ? because now I have a new error, This is generated when creating a project from 0 in c++ but I don’t understand now why it comes out.

[1/11] Compile [x64] SharedPCH.Engine.Cpp20.cpp
D:\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Source\predefined C++ types (compiler internal)(420): error C2248: 'FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord::FHazardRecord': no se puede obtener acceso al miembro private miembro declarado en la clase 'FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord'
D:\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Experimental\Containers\HazardPointer.h(86): note: vea la declaraci?n de 'FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord::FHazardRecord'
D:\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Experimental\Containers\HazardPointer.h(77): note: vea la declaraci?n de 'FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord'
D:\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Source\predefined C++ types (compiler internal)(420): note: el contexto de creaci?n de instancias de la plantilla (el m?s antiguo primero) es
D:\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Experimental\Containers\HazardPointer.h(133): note: Vea la referencia a la creaci?n de una instancia de la funci?n plantilla "void __builtin_array_init_helper<FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord>(_T *,size_t) noexcept(<expr>)" que se est? compilando
        with
        [
            _T=FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord
        ]
[2/11] Resource Default.rc2
Total time in Parallel executor: 44.79 seconds
Total execution time: 83.18 seconds

I don’t think is related, what template are you using to create a new project?
(I recommend you switch your VS / Rider to english as it will result in finding better answers on google when you search erros)

I’m using the 3rd person, but before I didn’t get that error, recently I started getting it when I tried to do what you mentioned about opening it in .uproject.

[1/11] Compile [x64] SharedPCH.Engine.Cpp20.cpp
D:\Epic Games_5.3EngineSourcedefined C++ types (compiler internal)(420): error C2248: 'FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord::FHazardRecord': can't access private member declared in class 'FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord'.
D:\Epic Games\UE_5.3EngineSourceRuntime\CorePublicExperimentalContainers\HazardPointer.h(86): note: see declaration of 'FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord::FHazardRecord'.
D:\Epic Games\UE_5.3EngineeringSourceRuntime\CorePublicationExperimentalContainers\HazardPointer.h(77): note: see declaration of 'FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord'.
D:\Epic Games_5.3EngineSource_predefined C++ types (compiler internal)(420): note: the template instance creation context (oldest first) is
D:Epic GamesUE_5.3EngineSourceRuntimeCorePublicExperimentalContainersHazardPointer.h(133): note: See reference to creating an instance of the template function "void __builtSourcepredefined". See reference to creating an instance of the template function "void __builtin_array_init_helper<FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord>(_T *,size_t) noexcept(<expr>)" being compiled.
        with
        [
            _T=FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord
        ]
[2/11] Resource Default.rc2
Total time in Parallel executor: 44.79 seconds
Total execution time: 83.18 seconds

I haven’t got that one before, are you installing rider in game or in engine? You should select “In game” if you selected in engine I believe you should delete UE and install it again, if that doesn’t do the trick maybe you’re missing something else from VS installer

I searched for more information, the 2nd error is due to the 17.9 vs update is broken.

I fixed my errors, the first one “T=FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord” is due to the update of vs 17.9 as it is broken, Solution to this is to update to 17.10.

Second error: MSB3246 and CS0234, This is solved by opening it from the .uproject of the project (I use Rider).

I hope it helps if you have my errors or something similar.

1 Like
1 Like