HELP! I can only select foliage in my level!

Randomly, Unreal Engine just stops letting me select things in my level, instead, it will only click on foliage. I can fix this by restarting the level or the engine itself, however it does the same thing each time, I am on UE 4.27

Are you in the “Foliage Editing” mode perhaps? Because you’ll need to be in the “Select Editing mode” to pick anything other than foliage.

Nope, I am in the Select mode, Ive tried switching back and fourth to see if it would change anything but it doesnt either

I also sometimes cant select things in an actor viewport, whenever this happens, my mouse cursor changes to this

Hmm, it’s hard to know the exact issue without seeing myself.

Maybe do a screen recording of launching the project and navigating it to show this issue? Could post as an unlisted vid on Youtube. Or on Streamable.

1 Like

here you go, also I will mention, in the video it shows 1 object that is unclickable, but sometimes its all object, sometimes its a few, sometimes its even in an actor blueprint, sometimes I can click on stuff but not use the move tool, this is so weird

whoa that’s suuuuper weird. I’ve honestly never seen that before. It’s so random and inconsistent about when the selector changes too. Hmm…

Have you tried just uninstalling & reinstalling UE4.27? That’d be my only guess as maybe during the install (or recently) some settings got borked and it’s doing this nonsense now.