Help: How to stop looping flipbook materials

I am using a flipbook material for a bullet hole decal, however I want to be able to stop flipbook from looping within the material - is this possible?

I basically want a “once only” within the material or something that “stops” the decal from animating once it has played once.

I’m pretty new to UE4 and this is the first stumbling block I’ve had where there’s no real help out there. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

You will need to control animation phase with a parameter, through dynamic material instance and blueprint, instead of relying on TIME material expression for this.

I don’t quite follow - I’ve shared my current setup as reference. So I’ll need to be able to hop in and out of the material via blueprint somehow?

If you could point me in the direction of some relevant tutorials or something, that would be ace :slight_smile:

Hi - this is 4 years late. here is my gif material i made for UMG following links in this post https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/188256/animated-gif-in-umg.html.
I promoted the clamp and this works to make it play once.

Sorry for missing this, but this is great! I’ll have to check this when I get back to this project :slight_smile:

Hi. I need help. I promoted the clamp and this didn’t work to make it play once. Please help.

Have you solve this problem?