Help bad lightning when built

Ok I did what you sugested, I reqorked the uvmaps for lightning , I set them to channel 3 which is 2 in Unreal , I put 256 as res I doubled the faces of the wall so that its a solid and not a single flat panel , I even doubled the roof making a shell for it … but I still get that annoying bleed …

That last picture is in the preview pane of the Static Mesh Editor. It has dynamic lighting, so it could be a different result than in the level’s viewport.

Could you re-upload your scene by any chance?

Yeah, the last upload wouldn’t open the scene / project in 4.24.2.

Yes but I am not sure what to upload to make sure I upload the right files, I dont want to upload an overweight 2 gb folder, so can you help me telling me what is essential to upload in order to evaluate the problem?

Btw I still cannot manage to eliminate the different shading between two adiacent walls, they are the same exact mesh , flat surface, super easy and perfect lightmap uvmaps … and I am not sure Iunderstand the difference realtime or not in view? When I press play I see the same issues…

I just managed to reduce the light bleed couse I aded a second roof on top … but still get problems…

That said I also got a problem with reflection maps, I followed a tutorial online but when I place them I get weird coloring on adiacent walls and surfaces…

One thing I read in the docs, so not sure if it still applies since those UE versions when it was written, is to ensure the reflection capture bounds are within the room they’re placed in. So, not extending through walls, ceiling, or floor, and also doing best not to intersect meshes, such as the counter/desk mesh in the 2nd photo. How I understand it is the reflection capture gets the data from what’s immediately surrounding its bounds (3 gold circles that is set by influence radius), so it’s picking up lighting and mesh / material data from outside those bounds, but up to a certain range. When reflection captures overlap or extend beyond a mesh(es), it could be getting wrong data from within the mesh boundaries and reflections would be off / inaccurate. This is my understanding of it via the docs though. It may fix something in reflections to reduce reflection capture bounds (influence radius) to not intersect geometry.

I really getting crazy , I have tried all sort of solutions to remove the semas in baked lights and none works , does anyone have any other helpfull idea?

I tried to increase texture resolution , tomanually mae the uvmaps, to even merge two objects together and make a single mesh , but I can’t make that for all and anyway walls need to siden up…

Any ideas?

Here I tried to make a render at professional light build but I get all those strange artefacts, any idea? I do not get those in preview lightning …

what types of lights are in the scene?

Where’s the skylight in reference to the scene (distance from the scenery)? what is the Distance Threshold set at?
Is the directional light using Cascaded Shadow Maps?
Does the skysphere have Enviro Color enabled? If yes, what is the color and intensity?
Is “Lower Hemisphere is Solid Color” enabled in the skylight? If yes, what is the color?

I put spotlights for roof lights , spotlights modded for ground lights , a general square point light for the cinema screen and outside the building there is the skylight …

Here are some pics with I hope the answers to your questins …

There’s a few things that are potentially causing the issues:

1. In DirectionalLight2 (3rd screenshot listed), Volumetric Scattering Intensity is way too high. Lower it to between 2 and 5, and if it’s not enough for the light shafts, then increase to a maximum of 8.
  2. Temperature (in DirectionalLight2) is really high. Is it for a certain coloring of the lighting? If so, try using a different color of DirectionalLight2 instead of changing the temperature. This and the high volumetric scattering intensity might be adding to the light artefacts because they’re both a part of the directional light, which projects light everywhere in the scene, is blocked by meshes but can still have light bleeding because the influence of it is so strong in conjunction with a skylight.
  3. There’s a red X on the ceiling’s spot lights. I think it means they’re overlapping, which there’s a limit of 4 overlapping spot lights. Reduce the Attenuation Radius of those lights so they’re visible influence isn’t overlapping, and consider utilizing emissive-only lights if it’s feasible for the project. If not, decrease Attenuation Radius until each of the lights is not overlapping another (spot lights only).
  4. Increase Number of Samples Per Pixel of DirectionalLight2 to 3 or 4 at least. I’m not sure what hardware it’s running on, but it could remedy at least some of the artefacts (splotches and crumpling and bubbling of lighting).

Merging meshes together solved most of the issues.