help about day/night cycle.

from this tutorial. UE4 Tutorial: Day/Night Cycle (w/ Clock and Moon) (Request) - YouTube I would like to set a clear time limit. How many minutes during the day will it turn into night? and how many minutes at night to change to day What should I do?

Level Blueprint

Day and Night

Clock

Hey @JohnVelma! Welcome to the Forums!

When you say,

what do you mean by that?

• Are you trying to set the speed at which the sun rotates?
  • Are you looking for more realistic time?
  • Or are you trying to change how the clock increments?

It is hard to tell what you are trying to accomplish here.

If you are looking for realistic time I suggest also taking a look at the Sun Position Calculator built into Unreal. Here is a video that does something extremely similar using the SPC:

Any additional specifics and information you can provide will go a very long way in solving your problem!

2 Likes

For example, when the game starts It’s daytime. And the time during the day is 3 minutes. After 3 minutes has passed, it becomes night. And at night, there will be 7 minutes to turn into day. I had to make the time during the day shorter than at night. and keep looping like this, like a Day/Night cycle.

Hey @JohnVelma!

Sounds like you need Timelines. You can set up a Timelines for you day cycle and night cycle that loop into each other, or even one timeline that handles both if you set up your curve correctly. Check out the Unreal documentation here:

I hope the above provides the solution you need!

wow, such a great plugin! I really hope Epic Games starts documenting their various plugins in a more structured way.