Hello I get this error:

*** Problem solved successfully In 8/July/2022 ***

My project doesn’t want to work :sob::sob::sob::sob:
this message error

LoginId:7cdd58644c475c948349d490b2a92edd
EpicAccountId:43bb6f66eb284fbda3754f555853669f

Assertion failed: NumBytes == Strings.Num() [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/UObject/UnrealNames.cpp] [Line: 3336]

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_AssetRegistry
UE4Editor_AssetRegistry
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

You can include the editor symbols

It will give you a more meaningful crash dump.

1 Like

LoginId:7cdd58644c475c948349d490b2a92edd
EpicAccountId:43bb6f66eb284fbda3754f555853669f

Assertion failed: NumBytes == Strings.Num() [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/UObject/UnrealNames.cpp] [Line: 3336]

UE4Editor_Core!AssertFailedImplV() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Misc\AssertionMacros.cpp:104]
UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::CheckVerifyFailedImpl() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Misc\AssertionMacros.cpp:461]
UE4Editor_Core!LoadSeparatedNameBatchInShardOrder() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\UObject\UnrealNames.cpp:3336]
UE4Editor_Core!FNameBatchLoader::Load() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\UObject\UnrealNames.cpp:3472]
UE4Editor_Core!LoadNameBatch() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\UObject\UnrealNames.cpp:3481]
UE4Editor_AssetRegistry!FAssetRegistryReader::FAssetRegistryReader() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\AssetRegistry\Private\AssetRegistryArchive.cpp:140]
UE4Editor_AssetRegistry!FAssetDataGatherer::Run() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\AssetRegistry\Private\AssetDataGatherer.cpp:524]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:86]

Try to verify the Engine
Screenshot 2022-07-06 144209

1 Like

ok i wll do it

THX to help :orange_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:
But
stele does not work :sob:

Has the engine ever worked for you?

1 Like

The problem is with the project itself
There was a problem with the electrical current and the whole system shut down
When I turned on the computer and then ran the project, it didn’t work
but ue4 running and work fine

Ok, just checking.

Then it’s corrupted.

Do you have a backup?

1 Like

Every person should back up the project if his project is large and has been working on it for a long time
Unfortunately, I did not back up the files

1 Like

Try this: make a new project and then move the Content file from the old project to the new one.

Maybe this will fix your problem.

1 Like

the same crash error

Hi all,

I did a quick google for “Assertion failed: NumBytes == Strings.Num() [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/UObject/UnrealNames.cpp] [Line: 3336]” and came across this thread.

Advice is to delete C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine\5.0\Intermediate
(You can also delete saved/intermediate folders in your projects and they will be regenerated on project launch)

Hope that helps!

1 Like

it work :astonished: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

1 Like

@ ClockworkOcean
@ NezeX.g
@ Astrotronic
THX ALL OVER YOU FOR HELPING ME :love_letter::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:
I will make Backup not to run into the same problem again :heart_decoration:

3 Likes