Having trouble with metal material - what am I missing?

Here is the mesh I’m working on:

I hit a road block on creating a material for the metal part.

This guy creates a material exactly how I want it:

What am I missing? I noticed he has actual textures for everything, whereas I only have them for BaseColor and Normal, and then just numbers for metallic and roughness.
Can anyone give me some insight? What are those textures called for the other nodes? Is my model not detailed enough? (I stopped detailing it when I hit the roadblock). Any links / tutorials / insight would be greatly appreciated. I’m embarrassed to say I’ve been trying to figure this out for two days now…

EDIT:

So I started from scratch on the metal, and here’s basically what I did.

Clearly not even close to what I want. I’m sure it has something to do with all the missing textures like the other guy has, but I just don’t know where to start…

well it looks to me like you have no reflection capture, do you have one in your scene?

metallic objects need one or they turn black

Yeah, in that pic there is one, and it did help… However clearly it’s still a plain horrible material.

I’d like to replicate what I linked in that other thread, any tips?

Thanks for the reply

So it turns out adding detail to the actual model + bettering the UVs helped a lot, however still nothing close to what I linked.

I’m sure it has to do with the textures in my nodes, or lack thereof. For example he has a “grimy” look that is just great.

Can anyone give some insight into this?

Current:

You need to use a texture for roughness as well. Check out the free projects in Learn tab of the launcher to see some examples.

I have checked out the UE4 Examples

Here’s what I made copy/pasting other UE4 Materials together while using my own mesh/normals

Certainly looking better, however I need to learn how to make this myself because I can’t just use other peoples’ materials…

Plus, the guy I am trying to emulate didn’t have a huge amount of nodes like UE4 Example materials, just one per property… That’s what I’d like to learn how to do

Thanks for the reply