Having problems with Audio Volumes (4.7.2)

I don’t know if this has been an issue in the past, I only just started tackling audio following the 4.7.2 update. I have an ambient sound placed outside an ambient volume, and when setting my exterior settings in my audio volume, I don’t hear any difference in sound when my player enters the audio volume, even when setting the exterior settings to crazy values or zeroing out the volume of items outside the volume entirely. Is there something I missed, that I need to activate?

Thank you for your time.

Hey hippowombat,

Try taking a look at the ‘Content Examples’ map labeled ‘Audio’. There is an example that you can use as a base for your own approach.

Using Ambient Zones to Separate Sounds

Also I think you might have the functionality and purpose of the ‘Audio Volume’ a bit misunderstood. It is essentially used to manage the transition of certain ambient areas so you are able to hear sounds differently while in the volume versus hearing all of the sounds with the same ambient feel.

Audio Volume Documentation

If you still have questions or need help getting your ambient sounds to play correctly, let me know and we can troubleshoot further.

Cheers,

Check if the “Apply Ambient Volumes” is activated inside your Sound Class properties, that solved it for me.