Download

Has anyone had issues with hair not showing?

Hi (i’m on a mac). In the MetaHumans blueprint for Irene and in the scene, Irene has no hair. I’m got the groom and groom alembic plugins enabled. In the materials there doesn’t seem to be hair.

Wondering if anyone has enountered this.

Thanks

1 Like

Mine shows up but unfortunately the materials arent working

Check any warnings on the metahuman hair you selected. Some do not have hair cards yet and so only work at LOD 0 or LOD 1. This means if the character is not very close to camera they will be bald. So get very close or switch LOD to see if thats the case

1 Like

open the character blueprint and select LOD sync force (on the left ) change to 1 (on right) and compile then save.

Thx all for replying. Yeah tried forcing to LOD 0 and 1 but still no luck. Will try another character/human and see what happens. Cheers.

I have a Mac and was experiencing the same issue. You’ll have to select hair that is not based on strands. According to this link, hair simulation is disabled on Mac and needs to be investigated.

same problem here, the problem also extends to eye lashes. Ie. Hana

Someone told me to delete the lower quality lods of the face skeletal mesh. It worked with a female’s hair from disappearing.

But i am having trouble with beard and moustache on a man.

same issue here, I am experimenting on the Bernice model. She is missing head hair, showing some eyebrows but mostly not there. No signs of skin hair either.
i have gone through and manually changed the LOD for the head hair and still nothing. can anyone shed some light on the solution???

running UE4.26 on M1 mac mini