Has anyone gotten the HP Reverb G2 working in 4.27? Face buttons won't work despite efforts

Hello as the title says I’m trying to make the HP Reverb G2 inputs work in my 4.27 project. Besides the face buttons (X, Y, A, B) all the other controls work. All the inputs are set up correctly but no matter what the face buttons do not register any kind of presses.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/reverb-g2-controllers-not-working-in-ue4-4-25-4/154177/42
I tried following the steps in this other thread which suggested disabling the WMR plugin and keeping the HP Reverb plugin on but then the Play in VR mode is greyed out. I’ve looked at other threads where the same problem was mentioned but no one had a definitive solution.

As of now I’m not sure how to get the face buttons to work - if any of you have managed to get the HP Reverb G2 controls fully working in your project including the face buttons, any advice would be strongly appreciated!

Bump.

I developed with a Reverb G2 for about 2 years, and I remember that there is a lack of clarity about how to properly set up inputs for the controllers, but I can’t remember the specifics and I think it changes depending on which plugins are enabled or not.

Have you seen this: HP Reverb G2 Controllers in Unreal - Mixed Reality | Microsoft Learn

or this: HP Developers Portal | Getting Started with the Unreal Engine 4 Plugin

or this: Windows Mixed Reality, Unreal 5 and HP Reverb G2 headset? - #11 by VictorLerp

Happy to chat further, though I can’t right now, I’ll check one of my 4.27 projects for Reverb G2 inputs to confirm for you what’s working for me.

Yah you have to enable the HP Motion Controller plugin which adds the FKeys that are specific to their controllers:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.