has anyone ever had an error 7126 message?

I have reported this as a bug, but I was just wondering if anyone had ever seen this error message before?

In case it is not legible, the message reads:

Loading Project: File not found. Error loading the component ‘Component 0’ from location ‘Bridge\sfm0.dat’. [err:7126]

This is the second time this has happened to me, and troubling as I had just paid for the PPI file. 

There are 3198 images (24mp), which I had constructed into a 39m model, a 20m, and a 30m.

I do not know why it would refer to having lost Component 0, and clearing cache did not resolve (nor did any of my autosaved files work)

I’m relatively new to RealityCapture, but I just thought I would ask if anyone has seen this particular error before.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Robert, as I can see, this problem is solving by our support.

I have also had this error message, has there been any resolution?

Hi sephewi,

sorry about your situation. It looks like your file may have corrupted somehow.
My first guess would be that the component mentioned in the error got corrupted during the saving process, or maybe something else altered it. 
Do you maybe remember which components you were using, and is this one crucial for your project? If not, you can manually remove it. If you open your project (.rcproj file) as a text file, you can scroll down to the element ‘‘reconstructions’’. From there you can remove your component by selecting it and deleting it.
Here is an example of how it may look like:

Please, do this on the copy of your project file.
Are you storing your project on a local drive? Did you maybe prematurely close RealityCapture while it was saving the project? Have you deleted some images from the source folder or cleared the CACHE? Where do you have selected the cache folder? How often is cache cleared?

Just to confirm to you both, this issue was definitely due to my automated backup.  I use a service to back up my hard drive to cloud, and this was scrambling the project file components, I think.  Once I excluded Reality Capture from that back up process (I do it to a local drive now), I haven’t had an issue since.

For info I had the same error code and location error but it was because i had used an apostrophe in the project filename and parent image folder.  All is okay again after renaming the references in the .rcproj file and corresponding files & folders etc. 

Win11 + RC 1.2.0.17385

1 Like

North3D’s fix worked for me. Just because it took me a bit to figure it out, the fixes needed are to rename

1. The folder with the imagery e.g. “John Smith’s Flight” to “John Smiths Flight”
  2. The .rcproj file name
  3. The .rcproj contents. Open the file with notepad, then find and replace all ' with nothing. This will delete the ’ from it and it will look in the proper places for the imagery. ' is the syntax that’s inserted instead of ’

I have this error. I believe it is because the .rcproj file is no longer with the associated project folder because I have since copied it to another back up drive.
The first step is to place the .rcproj file in the same folder as the project folder, then open it.
Then you just need to reconnect the image files (if they have been moved since you last opened the file).

I have the same problem and can’t find a solution

Hi @roman_huk,
please check this post: The file decryption key is not valid