Has anybody found a way to make google vr run on android in 4.25?

Hi,

I’m having a hard time getting google vr running on a mobile. (S9) Preview shows a working interface - Launching in dev mode puts the program on the phone (S9) but it quits immediately
Simple hmd runs without problems but doesn’t look nice.

Cheers,
Folkert

Found it. 4.25.1 is reasonably stable :smiley:

I have manage to build the third person template project to android without problem. Once i enable the googleVR and google vr motion input controller plugin , the project will just crash on open. Could you please tell me what settings did you use or any other things that you set to get it working in 4.25.1? Thank you.

Yes, just use googlevr as only plugin - at least that;s what i did. and have the new setup for android for 4.25.

Make sure your project is a clean as possible and also make sure there are no previous installations on your mobile.

Good luck!

Have you set up android correctly?

And have you installed the ndk correctly?

Cheers,

Have you set up android correctly?

And have you installed the ndk correctly?

Cheers,

A few remarks and hopefully a solution:

4.23 and 4.25 are using different compilers. Have you updated for 4.25?

What also can go wrong is developer mode on your mobile must be turned on together with debugging.

All is to be found in the unreal docs…

Good luck!

I mean that 4.23 uses codeworks for android and 4,25 uses android studio…
You can try hybrid ways but that might cause problems…

I mean that 4.23 uses codeworks for android and 4,25 uses android studio…
You can try hybrid ways but that might cause problems…

Cheers,

I’ve been experimenting with Google Cardboard and 4.25, and following the steps explained in the links posted above, it runs fine.

But I haven’t figure it out how to make it work in DayDream. I use the exact same project that runs in Cardboard (just a blank test scene, with no other actors) but in DayDream after the first screen to turn on the controller it goes dark (just the white line in the middle and the settings button on). Anyone experiencing this and know how to fix it?