Hand Presence with Oculus Rift

Hey there guys, Im working on a VR Application on UE4 4.20 using an Oculus Rift, I wanted to implement a controller mesh which has the hand with the controller
something like this :
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/fd-hdGyhwzQ/maxresdefault.jpg

I tried opening Avatar SDK
but i couldn’t get it to open on 4.20 or 4.2, i feel maybe the hand presence in that paired with a controller mesh would help, but i need a skeletal mesh for animating the controller as well.

Getting the following error:

Running E:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.2/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe  -projectfiles -project="C:/Users/Sahil/Downloads/avatar_samples_ue/AvatarSamples.uproject" -game -rocket -progress -log=C:\Users\Sahil\Downloads\avatar_samples_ue/Saved/Logs/UnrealVersionSelector-2018.11.03-11.58.08.log
Discovering modules, targets and source code for game...
Errors detected while compiling C:\Users\Sahil\Downloads\avatar_samples_ue\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\AvatarSamplesProjectFileGeneratorModuleRules.dll:
c:\Users\Sahil\Downloads\avatar_samples_ue\Plugins\OvrAvatar\Source\OvrAvatar.Build.cs(9,62) : error CS0103: The name 'ModuleDirectory' does not exist in the current context
c:\Users\Sahil\Downloads\avatar_samples_ue\Plugins\OvrAvatar\Source\OvrAvatar.Build.cs(53,13) : error CS0103: The name 'PrecompileForTargets' does not exist in the current context
c:\Users\Sahil\Downloads\avatar_samples_ue\Plugins\OvrAvatar\Source\OvrAvatar.Build.cs(53,36) : error CS0103: The name 'PrecompileTargetsType' does not exist in the current context
c:\Users\Sahil\Downloads\avatar_samples_ue\Source\AvatarSamples\AvatarSamples.Build.cs(15,62) : error CS0103: The name 'ModuleDirectory' does not exist in the current context
UnrealBuildTool Exception: ERROR: UnrealBuildTool encountered an error while compiling source files

Alternatively,
Are there any out of the box solutions for this, could someone help me out on how to get started with making this ?

Hi @SahilSingh.AVR , the avatar template you are using is not anymore for the ue4 4.20.3 which already integrate the avatar plugin.
you can find a new Avatar template in the Oculus distribution of ue4 inside the Oculus examples.

Where can i find the Oculus Distribution of UE4 ?

The native integration of oculus does not give me rigged hands with rigged controller, it just gives me a static controller

Here is the link of Oculus with UE4 distribution:
https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/unreal-engine/
:slight_smile:

Awesome ! i got it to work, although i couldn’t find an already done blueprint in those examples, but i found assets which helped me create the same, thanks for your help !

Hello @SahilSingh.AVR do you have a good knowlege on ue4 , c++ and blueprint?
Because you need this for the Oculus Avatar and more specifically with the multiplayer. :wink: