Hammerfell Port

Last weeks I’ve been working mainly on the Dark Brotherhood Door, using as inspiration Paris’ catacombs, sending a clear message of what awaits behind that door.

4 Likes

A-MAZE-ING!!!

This is wickedly beautiful! The Paris Catacombs touch is the perfect inspiration for all the macabre that is the Dark Brotherhood. Thank you for sharing the spine-tingling video! The door gives :fire: “Beware All Ye Who Enter Here”. :fire:

1 Like

This week has been one of investigation:
I’ve been playing around with MegaScans Blend Plugin to give some variety to the road and painting the houses to differenciate them better.
I’ve also started working on the market shops.

3 Likes

Hey @greentoxic_eyes,

Hope you’re doing well!

I can’t wait for a trailer to see more of your project. Every new update you’ve given shows such a beautiful and highly detailed world. I’ve never explored the Elder scrolls world to much but I’ve always been interested in the story-telling and how the environment reflects the story.

Do you currently have a story you’re writing alongside the development of Hammerfell Port?

Can’t wait to see more! Keep up the glorious work. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

A small update:
During the weekend I’ve been working on adding the boats and a spline system so they can move following it. Soon there will be more boats moving around!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your kind words, @PresumptivePanda !

I don’t have a full story in my head yet, but I was thinking this could be the starting area of the next Elder Scrolls, the player being a prisioner that survived a ship-wreck near this port. (It’s almost tradition that the player in each Elder Scrolls starts off as a prisioner, that’s were I got that idea from).

I’ll make sure to keep posting and improving!

2 Likes

That sounds like a fantastic way to start off an Elder Scrolls story. The ship stowaway that could have come from anywhere. The roleplaying prospects are endless. :pirate_flag: :parrot:
So thrilled to continue watching as you develop more! Keep up the spectacular work friend.

1 Like

During the past week I’ve been adding vegetation and small assets to fill the scene, as well as started the creation of a new area in the market district.

3 Likes

Small steps over the last week. Mainly adding more details to the streets of the port, and testing some blueprints for faster development.

4 Likes

Hi @greentoxic_eyes !

The market bazaar and the streets are even more alive with the colorful rugs and awnings! Will you be adding any pottery or potted plants around the homes?

I saw the cool cinematic on your partner’s page! Is there a specific era that will set the stage for your TES project? Will this be within the First Era, Second Era, Third Era, or after the war in the 4th Era?

As in just about every civilian location in TES, there is a place for religious worship. Will the Hammerfell port have such a place with Yokudan gods?

1 Like

Updates of last week. We have open a small crack on one of the fences so the player can “scape” the port and go explore a small area beyond, with more folliage and some ruins.

1 Like

Hey, @Get_DOVAH_it !

I agree, so much color really brings it to live. And hopefully yeah, i wanna add a bit of folliage inside the city as well.

In my head-cannon this enviroment is set in the Fourth Era, after the events of Skyrim, the Talmor ready to strike again.

And I’d say that religious place would be the Taj-Majal lookalike building, on the cliffs next to the city, but its not explorable yet. Maybe in the next expansion.
But if we’ve time we’ll add a shrine to some of the Divine in the outskirts of the port, similar to the shrines you could find in Skyrim.

1 Like

Last week I’ve kept working on the boat, adding some decorations to it, and creating more assets to decorate the buildings.

3 Likes

Been studying Blueprints lately, and here’s a lil wall/stairs/road generator I’m pretty proud of, and will surely use in my current and future projects.
The blueprint takes meshes randomly from an array, and places them to fit the width, length and curvature of the two splines, taking into account rotation, scale and size of the meshes.

2 Likes

Hi GreenToxic!

Using an array to arrange pathways! That’s so awesome!

This Blueprint code/module will most definitely save you some time! Brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing with us!

I saw the updated cinematic on your partner’s page. The market bazaar is so beautiful! I saw the physics on the fabric atop the market stands. It really breathes life into the environment! What other objects in your project would you consider adding physics to?

1 Like

New assets to fill out the enviroment:

I got an idea from a comment of @Get_DOVAH_it , so I’ve begun modelling statues of different deities, both from the Cyrodiilic and Yokudan pantheon:

2 Likes

Hello, @Get_DOVAH_it !

Glad you are liking the progress!

I’d love to add physics to the boats, so they bounce with the tides of the sea, but we’ll see if we got time for that. If not I’ll make sure to implement it eventually!

2 Likes

Deadlines are approaching, so we are working on make everything look as good as possible. Been working a bit more on the boats and the sea.

2 Likes

Hi GreenToxic!

I am so honored that you have decided to include your models of Yokudan and Cyrodiilic deities! :raised_hands:t4: Thank you so much for the acknowledgement! I feel so fortunate that we have been able to follow the progress of this project from beginning to upcoming end! Thank you so much for creating your work with UE and for sharing it’s progress with us!

Are you a student? If so, how far along are you in your studies? What is the assignment that inspired this project? Will you be importing your Hammerfell Port as a gameplay mod for Skyrim?

Hey Greentoxic, nice work. I made a Stros M’Kai mod for Morrowind a few years ago. You’re welcome to download it and use any of the assets. They’ll need normal maps because Morrowind doesn’t support that, but there’s a few decent assets we made.

2 Likes