Had to get a new hard drive. Multiplayer now unplayable

Hello! I had been working on a multiplayer project in version 4.23. My operating system was on the usual C Drive, but I kept my unreal projects stored on my H drive. There was the occasional hiccup when testing (both listen and dedicated server) but for the most part it was working great. Last week my old hard drive died and now my operating system is on that H Drive. The thing is, the multiplayer of my game is now completely broken like im experiencing a lot of latency. To be honest I’m not even sure how to go about debugging this let alone pinning what the problem is. Would any of you happen to know?

Bump. Also just to clarify it’s definitely not due to a bad current hard drive. The original was an 8 year old toshiba, the new one is an SSD.

did you code the multiplayer in BluePrint or C++?

Hello,

If you are running your OS, programs, and all your saved files off the H: drive, the processor may have some issues. The processor will be sending read/write signals to only one drive for every function of the computer. I will also mention that operating systems and heavy software, such as game files, run more efficiently on SSD drives.