HacknPlan, the Trello for game developers

Looks like a sweet website, signed up now and will use. Thanks!

Thanks to you for giving it a try! :slight_smile:

I shall be using this from now on.
Can’t wait for updates!

Really nice work! My Team and I are using it and we are totally happy with it. We already tested many solutions (Trello, OpenProject, Phabricator…) but most of them were either simply to powerful or haven’t had “enough” features. HacknPlan just feels right and the Workflow fits perfectly! Keep on the Work! If you release kind of a paid version (or subscription model like you said) i’d love to pay to support this great tool.

Wow, thanks!! I have to say I’m amazed by the kind words I’m receiving and how many people is loving the tool. This helps a lot to continue with the hard work :slight_smile:

A few gifs of our new Category Editor, which will allow you to customize the technical categories and sub-categories predefined in the system. This way you can optimize the tool to fit your project and remove tabs and elements you don’t really need, which makes everything clearer and easier to manage. This feature will be online next week.

Creating a new category and sub-category:

Disabling and sorting categories:

Nice addition.

Im currently using hack n plan with my mates, its not very difficult to understand, its just perfect, its a very good solution being free :wink:

Can’t wait for this to become the next Trello for video game development!

Already signed up and can’t wait to use it with my team :slight_smile:

We launched our new category editor feature today. This is something many people asked for, if you already used the tool and thought it was too rigid, then you will like these changes: http://hacknplan.com/dev-diary-3-2015-11-15/

Hey! I recently shared this project with another game developer community and one of them caught something that seems to be an oversight. Create 2 tasks, which then leaves you with Task #1 and Task #2. If you flip the tasks, the # of the task stays the same. Shouldn’t these be renamed to be in order?

That number is the ID of the task and will never change, is a way to identify them across the project. The number does not mean the order in the panel. If you click on a task and go to the details page, you’ll see that number is part of the url. Maybe the # is causing the confusion here.

This is mega awesome tool! I really like it. Good job! Do you plan on making a mobile version? For Android and iOS?

Thanks!

About the mobile apps: sure, not immediately, but I hope we release them during 2016.

I see. Hmm, then shouldn’t the ID only be shown on the details page? Its just an ID unless there is some relevance you had intended for it to be on the card like that? In place of the ID, the card title could go there.

I think its useful to have it at hand. When you are working on a team is very common to say something like: “hey guys, I will pick task #24 is that ok?”. I guess I’m heavily influenced by JIRA on thinks like that: http://blogs.atlassian.com/wp-content/uploads/jira_agile_custom_cards_work_mode.png

This is a great tool so far, it works the way I’d like my other tools to work :stuck_out_tongue: !

It would be nice if we could use our emails OR username to login, user handles are too custom per site in my case and I forget them easily!

Yes, we know! We will add it very soon :slight_smile:

Updates on the development. We are working on sub-tasks as a checklist inside a task, to provide an extra level of detail: