Grouping Foliageis in Foliage Section (With Design Sample)

Hello everyone,

I would like to share an idea with the developers of Unreal Engine’s Foliage system, which I believe would be a small but life-saving feature. When I work on exterior scenes, I like to paint foliageies, but after a while, it becomes confusing and disorganized. Therefore, I would like to suggest a groups feature that would allow for more organized foliage management.

I have created a design sample in Photoshop that I would like to share with you to make my idea more comprehensible:

As you can see, there are various groups, such as “Basic Shapes,” along with three icons/buttons. The arrow icon would hide and expand the group, the gear icon would display the group’s settings, such as rename, remove, or other settings, and the last one is the optional “select all” feature, which could also be located within the gear icon.

I forgot to add the “Add New Group” icon or move up and down the groups buttons, but I hope you understand my point. I know that the developers know best, so please don’t be angry with me; I simply wanted to share my idea with the community and the developers.

If this feature were implemented, I would be happy because it would make foliage management much easier at least for me.

P.S.: When I make some research on the forum about grouping foliageis I see I am not alone.

Foliage grouping is long overdue. With the general push for large world creation, it’s baffling that the editor still doesn’t have such an essential feature.

You are right. I hope we will see this feature someday in newer versions of Unreal Engine.