To apply stereographic screen captures to a sphere, I followed the linked tutorial:
In Unreal 4.20.3, everything works on screen. I apply the stereo image viewer mat, and on screen, the 3D viewer sphere accepts the mat, and on screen, in the view window, my stereographic screen capture looks as expected.
However, when I render for google daydream and put the goggles, the sphere is simply a gray mesh.
Fixes I’ve tried that haven’t worked:
- adjusted the mit values
- assigned the mat as two sided
- assigned the stereo sphere as dual sided
- replaced the stereo sphere with a standard sphere asset and applied the mat to that - as before, this works on screen. But when I put the goggles on, the sphere is invisible, and all I see is sky.
- applied left eye image to the unreal asset sphere - it wraps and renders correctly, but it’s just one eye and is a flat wrap-around image.
- applied right eye image to the unreal asset sphere - it wraps and renders correctly, but, again, it’s just one eye and is a flat wrap-around image.
I’m out of ideas. any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!