GPU Profiling on the Gear VR?

I’m trying to run the GPU profiler on the Gear VR, but the application always closes when I type ProfileGPU into the console. I see that it pops up a GUI when you do that in Windows, but it’s not clear how to pull that data from the Phone while your application is running.

Also typing in console commands on Mobile is a big PITA, is there a way to issue console commands over the network to the phone via ADB?

Did you check out theGear VR documents? In these docs we show you how you can use ADB debugging over wifi.

Yes, I followed the documents, but it was not clear in terms of how to GPU profile directly on the Galaxy Note 4 in VR mode. Is there a command that drops GPU MS information to those ADB logs you can grab in this documentation?

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Platforms/GearVR/Debugging/index.html

Quick Update. When I ran the Log output files when trying to do ProfileGPU in the console, this happens on my Note 4 on UE4 project running in GearVR mode:

D/UE4     ( 9239): Assertion failed: ShaderRef != NULL && *ShaderRef != NULL [File:Runtime/ShaderCore/Public\Shader.h] [Line: 926] 

D/UE4     ( 9239): Failed to find shader type FOpenGLRHILongGPUTaskPS

D/UE4     ( 9239): [2015.05.05-04.05.12:688]  0]Assertion failed: Assertion failed: ShaderRef != NULL && *ShaderRef != NULL [File:Runtime/ShaderCore/Public\Shader.h] [Line: 926] 

D/UE4     ( 9239): Failed to find shader type FOpenGLRHILongGPUTaskPS

V/VRSVC   ( 9190): at (VRManagerService.java:835) yTqX() [setVRPerformanceMode enable = false]

Did you happen to find a resolution for this? Experiencing same issue, with same output.

I’m hitting the same issue with same output. Anyone figure this out?