GPU Lightmass Unusually Low Utilization

I have no clue why I’m having this problem but I’m using GPU Lightmass to build my lighting and yet my GPU Usage is averaging around 2% with my cpu averaging about 5%…what gives? It makes 0 sense to me:

GeForce RTX 2080Ti

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X

28gbs 3200mhz ram

Edit: I’m an idiot, I transitioned over to using Foliage Spawner Volumes and I forgot to set all my foliage settings to movable so it was trying to bake the lighting for thousands of small foliage actors lol. That fixed the lighting issue but I’m still not sure why it wasn’t creating any kind of a load on my system.

I’ll go ahead and just post this, the reason this was happening to me was because I changed over to a procedural foliage volume and forgot to change the foliage to dynamic shadows. This was apparently what was causing it too stall, so I can only assume that if you have too many shadows it will do this. I also wanted to add that this also caused another issue. The procedural foliage volume groups together instances for lighting. I’m not sure exactly how it does this but when you have Ray Tracing enabled it’s going to cause serious issues. For example a shadow disappearing when you approach a tree because the cull settings are measuring your distance from the averaged position of all the trees in the group and that center is to far away from that tree. Turning this radius up fixes it but only causes your draw calls to go sky high and your fps to take a big hit. My advice would be…don’t use any foliage with the procedural foliage volume’s that requires dynamic shadows when your using ray tracing which is required by the GPU Lightmass. I guess you could probably enable it restart your engine, bake your maps and then disable it and restart again lol. If anyone knows an actual fix for this I would love to know. None of the videos on YouTube remotely mentions this issue.