GPU Lightmass Crash - Assertion failed: SizeX != -1 && SizeY != 1

Hi!

A project I’m working on for a long time now starts to crash at the end of the GPULightmass baking process. This does happen with Full Bake and with ‘Bake What You See’. It even happens within a newly created level inside the same project. In a new project the light bake works perfectly fine. So I tried to disable the GPU Lightmass plugin + enable it again, but the crash still happens. I tried to revert all the changes that happened lately, but no … still there.

That’s the error message:

Assertion failed: SizeX != -1 && SizeY != -1 [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/ShadowMap.cpp] [Line: 619]

For me, without any experience regarding C++, that message looks quite funny and maybe it would help to get some informations about that [Line: 619]?

Does anyone have an idea or could provide some information about that ShadowMap.cpp part? I’m afraid that maybe migrating the whole project would break it somehow, therefore I’m trying everything possible to avoid that for now. :nerd_face:

“Solved” by now.

Still don’t know what exactly is happening at that specific line or what the error message could mean, but I’ve found a Actor BP in my scene with an empty HISM component and after deleting that BP the baking process finished like before. I’m not 100% sure if that was the solution, but for now I’m happy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Pantoth, Thanks for that I can read C++ in Engine, but I could not see anything wrong with the code.

This is interesting because an Assert usually means the code is protected, but it seems that the project had got corrupted while working on it.
BP is really complex for me at the moment