Google Analytics Provider Plugin

I got the example project working on iOS streaming data from time to time to GA site, the data streaming for the real time section in GA seems very random, open and close the app and you would get different feedback. Starting a session doesn’t trigger GA realtime feedback most of the time, sometimes when tap on events GA stream kicks in and start getting the data. This may be related to GA real time restrictions:

Mobile App Tracking
Mobile hits are batched to conserve battery life, so you may notice delays. Batching typically occurs on the order of minutes.

After implemented the session starter and some google events on my game and test them playing in my desktop, for the desktop version the plugin works well triggering feedback in GA with minor delay. However when launch it to my iPhone I don’t get any data in GA. I’m triggering the session with an “Event BeginPlay” and the session start successfully, and I’m triggering events with any button of my interface, again this works on desktop but not on my iPhone.

Any idea is welcome.

1. You should put plugin only in engine directory or plugin directory (not both).
  2. So previous problem with not compiling on iOS is not actual?
  3. Users in Real-time analytics should appear max in 1 minute after send one event or screen (so if you don’t send any data, session won’t start even if you called “Start Session” node).
  4. Check in your build logs if you have message “Google Analytics SDK not installed!”. If yes, you probably haven’t installed SDKs properly.
  5. If message from point 4 doesn’t appear, please compile your project in development mode and attach full logs from your device. Logs you can find in Xcode -> Window -> Devices -> Choose your iPhone -> Click little arrow on the bottom of the window -> Logs should appeared -> Run your game -> Wait for session start and call some events and screens -> Copy logs and save to file -> Attach here.

Google Analytics Provider Plugin 2.1.1 released!

**CHANGELOG:
**- Added arm64 support for Android (fixed Daydream support in Blueprint-only projects)

You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.

If you haven’t owned it yet, you can buy now on Sellfy or UE4 Marketplace.

Google throws a password recovery at us when we try to log in. If possible can you throw up some screenshots of the type of analytics it should be tracking. Like website vs app.

Hi Justin,

Password has been changed to: unrealanalytics. Please try again and let me know if you can view dashboard now :slight_smile:

http://gamednastudio.com/plugins/images/GoogleAnalytics/Update21.png

Google Analytics Provider Plugin 2.2.0 released!

**CHANGELOG:
**- Added custom dimensions and metrics functionality

You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.

http://gamednastudio.com/plugins/images/GoogleAnalytics/Wiki14.png

http://gamednastudio.com/plugins/images/GoogleAnalytics/Wiki15.png

We had a bug where the google blueprint nodes stopped working after restarting the engine because it couldn’t find some file that it was looking for in ‘Script/…’.
We were able to fix it by going into the .uplugin and setting the LoadingPhase from “Default” to “PreDefault”.
I thought this would be useful information here :slight_smile:

Thank you! I’ll update it in the next hotfix! :wink:

Google Analytics Plugin 2.3.0 Preview for UE 4.16 Preview!

I’ve just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.16 Preview.
You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab.

If you find any bug, feel free to report it :slight_smile:

http://gamednastudio.com/plugins/images/GoogleAnalytics/Update22.png

Google Analytics Provider Plugin 2.3.0 for UE 4.16 final release!

We’ve just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.16

CHANGELOG:

• Google Play Services updated to 10.2.1
  • Tweaks for UE 4.16 compatibility

Google Analytics Provider Plugin 2.3.1 released!

**CHANGELOG:
**- Fixed not registering custom dimensions and metrics while calling RecordGoogleEvent from Blueprints.

http://gamednastudio.com/plugins/images/GoogleAnalytics/Update23.png

Google Analytics Provider Plugin 2.4.0 with gameDNA installer

We’ve just released plugin binaries with support for gameDNA installer and some other updates.

CHANGELOG:

Google Analytics Provider 2.4.1 HOTFIX

We’ve just released hotfix for plugin. You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.

CHANGELOG:

• Plugin is now App Transport Security compliant on iOS.
  • Fixed a problem with the newest Google Play Services on Android.

GOOGLE ANALYTICS PLUGIN - SUMMER SALE ON UNREAL MARKETPLACE!

**Google Analytics discounted during The 2017 Marketplace Summer Sale! This promotion runs through August 1st at 6pm EST.

Buy now on UE4 Marketplace.

Google Analytics Provider 2.4.2 released!

We’ve just released update for plugin. You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.

CHANGELOG:

• Updated Google Play Services SDK to 11.0.4

http://gamednastudio.com/plugins/images/GoogleAnalytics/Update24.png

Google Analytics Provider Plugin 2.5.0 for UE 4.17 final release!

We’ve just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.17

CHANGELOG:

• Tweaks for UE 4.17 compatibility
  • Added Gradle support.

Google Analytics Provider 2.5.1 released!

We’ve just released update for plugin. You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.

CHANGELOG:

• Fixed problems with packaging using ANT on 4.17
  • Added ability to turn off IDFA on iOS (Project Settings -> Plugins -> Google Analytics).

Hello,

We at my new company are going to buy the plugin.
And I have a question maybe already asked:

In our game there are inputs required for the user/player such as Name, Company, email, etc.
Is it possible to track/store these text strings ?

I stay tuned to your comments
Thanks in advance.

Reply to myself: This feature is not supported by Google Analytics.

Yes, technically you can, but I don’t know what about legal thing. Probably you will need to inform users about this behavior in Privacy Policy. But this is only for tracking purposes. If you want to store user’s data and be able to manage accounts, it would be much better to use Ultimate Mobile Kit and/or Realtime Database.