Google Analytics Provider Plugin

Google Analytics Provider 2.5.2 released!

We’ve just released update for plugin. You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.

CHANGELOG:

• Fixed logs in settings when plugin installed as engine plugin.

If you haven’t owned it yet, you can buy now on Sellfy or UE4 Marketplace.

This is a really useful plugin and at a great price! GameDNA offers excellent support too, keep it up!

Thank you! We appreciate this kind of words! :slight_smile:

Hey GameDNA,

great plugin! We updated to 4.17 today and the google analytics has some mistake that stops the compiling process of our app.
can you check that?

C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.17/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/GoogleAnalytics/Source/GoogleAnalytics/Classes/GoogleAnalyticsSettings.h(21) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.

Thanks!

Hello!

Please check 2.5.2 version on the plugin’s GitHub repository. We send an update to the UE4 Marketplace but it hasn’t been processed yet by Marketplace team.

Great plugin, and great support.
Easily a 5/5 plugin.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you for appreciation! :slight_smile:

Google Analytics Plugin 2.6.0 Preview for UE 4.18 Preview 3!

I’ve just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.18 Preview 3.
You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab.

If you find any bug, feel free to report it :slight_smile:

http://gamednastudio.com/plugins/images/GoogleAnalytics/Update25.png

Google Analytics Provider Plugin 2.6.0 for UE 4.18 final release!

We’ve just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.18
You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.

CHANGELOG:

• Tweaks for UE 4.18 compatibility

http://gamednastudio.com/plugins/images/GoogleAnalytics/Update29.png

Google Analytics Provider Plugin 2.6.1 released!

We’ve just released update for Google Analytics Provider Plugin.
You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.

Please note that ANT is now deprecated and will be removed completely in the next plugins release. You should switch to Gradle.

CHANGELOG:

• Google Play Services updated to 11.6.2 (Gradle only)
  • Improvements
  • Bugfixes

Hello we bought this plugin to use on a 4.17 project. We build for Android no problem with other projects, have made sure we are using the 4.17 version of the plugin, and when trying to build the supplied Android Google Analytics example project, always receive:

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UnrealBuildTool: D:/UnrealEngine/UE_4.17/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/GoogleAnalytics/Source/GoogleAnalytics/Classes/GoogleAnalyticsSettings.h(21) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UnrealBuildTool: Error: UnrealHeaderTool failed for target ‘TestGoogleAnalytics’ (platform: Android, module info: D:\GoogleAnalytics\Intermediate\Build\Android\TestGoogleAnalytics\Development\TestGoogleAnalytics.uhtmanifest, exit code: OtherCompilationError (5)).
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 38.65662s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: AutomationTool.CommandUtils+CommandFailedException: Command failed (Result:5): D:\UnrealEngine\UE_4.17\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe TestGoogleAnalytics Android Development -Project=D:\GoogleAnalytics\TestGoogleAnalytics.uproject D:\GoogleAnaly
tics\TestGoogleAnalytics.uproject -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini=“D:\GoogleAnalytics” -skipdeploy -noxge -NoHotReload -ignorejunk. See logfile for details: 'UnrealBuildTool-2018.01.18-10.14.33.txt

This happens on multiple machines.

Do you have any guidance?

Hello,

which version of plugin do you have? I mean plugin version number.

Hello!

We have tried with 2.6.2 and 2.5.0. We initially installed through the Unreal Marketplace using Unreal version 4.17.

Google Analytics Provider Plugin 2.6.2 released!

We’ve just released update for Google Analytics Provider Plugin.

CHANGELOG:

• Ability to call Google Analytics functions in C++ without providing arrays of custom dimensions and metrics.

For UE 4.17 you should install 2.5.2 version which has fixed a bug you described :slight_smile:

Google Analytics Provider 2.7.0 Preview for UE 4.19 Preview 3!

We’ve just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.19 Preview 3.
You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab.

2.5.2 is still generating the same issue with 4.17.2. This is with the 4.17 version of the “TestGoogleAnalytics” example project. Here is the log:

nattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: D:/UnrealEngine/UE_4.17/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/GoogleAnalytics/Source/GoogleAnalytics/Classes/GoogleAnalyticsSettings.h(21) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: Error: UnrealHeaderTool failed for target ‘TestGoogleAnalytics’ (platform: Android, module info: C:\Users\oalondon\Downloads\GoogleAnalytics\Intermediate\Build\Android\TestGoogleAnalytics\Development\TestGoogleAnalytics.uhtmanifest, exit code: OtherCompilationError (5)).
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 27.3656209s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: AutomationTool.CommandUtils+CommandFailedException: Command failed (Result:5): D:\UnrealEngine\UE_4.17\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe TestGoogleAnalytics Android Development -Project=C:\Users\oalondon\Downloads\GoogleAnalytics\TestGoogleAnalytics
.uproject C:\Users\oalondon\Downloads\GoogleAnalytics\TestGoogleAnalytics.uproject -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini=“C:\Users\oalondon\Downloads\GoogleAnalytics” -skipdeploy -noxge -NoHotReload -ignorejunk

Please let me know what other steps I need to take to get your product running on Android. We can package fine for Android if the plugin isn’t included. I’ve even tried the 4.18 version of everything and can’t get the gameDNAinstaller to run as it always thinks its the wrong version.

Thanks!

Hello,

you are probably downloading source code from the branch… you should download precompiled binaries version from the “releases” tab on the GitHub repository.

Google Analytics: https://github.com/gameDNAstudio/GoogleAnalytics/releases
gameDNA installer: Releases · gameDNAstudio/gameDNAinstaller · GitHub

Please let me know if it helped you.

Hi, I just purchased your plugin and when I Record any event in Google Analytics I can see that Page is (not set) even if Record Screen was called before. Pages are correctly reported on Google Analytics, there’s only problem with correlating Pages with Events.

I’m using it on PC with Windows 10 installed, in Editor. Am I doing something wrong or there is some bug in this case or lack of correlation between Events and Pages is expected behavior?

Thanks from the mountain gameDNA, I hope it cannons :wink:

Hello,

please send to support [at] gamednastudio.com logs when you try to record screens and events and also please send screenshots with your usage of plugin functions.

Thank you! :slight_smile: