Good FPS on editor but bad FPS on packed project

Hello! Hope someone can help me with this…

I have a GPU RTX3070, I made an archviz project, and the thing is…

If I play the project on the editor viewport inside Unreal, the FPS are good enough to play smoothly, around 40-50 FPS on the hardest areas where there are way a lot meshes, lights and reflections.

But when I packed the project and start it on windows, the FPS on that areas get too low, probably around 20 FPS, so it´s kind of frustrating, because I tried to optimize it, with LOD, textures, lighting, DLSS…

I don´t know what is causing that problem, It´s like my GPU is not working enough when the project is open on windows, but inside Unreal editor, is good enough to work and play it smooth…

I don´t understand it, because the project is an archviz house project, so it´s not way to heavy, the RTX with the nvidia plugins are installed, and it runs so good on the editor, but so bad on the packed project, so I will not be able to make a presentation with it.

Thanks, hope someone can help me, I don´t know what else to try…

1 Like

When you go into the folder of your packaged game (PACKAGEDGAMEPATH\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor) and open the GameUserSettings.ini you could try to lower some of the settings and set the max fps.

[ScalabilityGroups]
sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000
sg.ViewDistanceQuality=2
sg.AntiAliasingQuality=2
sg.ShadowQuality=2
sg.PostProcessQuality=2
sg.TextureQuality=2
sg.EffectsQuality=2
sg.FoliageQuality=2
sg.ShadingQuality=2

[/Script/Engine.GameUserSettings]
bUseVSync=False
bUseDynamicResolution=False
ResolutionSizeX=1920
ResolutionSizeY=1080
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=1920
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=1080
WindowPosX=-1
WindowPosY=-1
FullscreenMode=1
LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=1
PreferredFullscreenMode=1
Version=5
FrameRateLimit=30.000000

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, you made my day! Trust me! Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

My GameUserSettings.ini is located in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ProjectName\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor.
I’m using unreal engine 5.1.1

1 Like

HI ! I have the same issue, can you help with the values that you use please, I´m desperate to find a solution for this problem, thank you