GoD: Seeking 100 Blueprints Scripters

It’s extremely rare for that kind of project to ever work, even to get finished much less be any kind of success. There’s too many problems, from lack of time to work on unpaid projects to lack of motivation to difficulty in getting good developers who would be interested in doing that, among many other things.
Also, you can make a good game that doesn’t make any money. Some of success is just due to luck and timing.

During the process of Learning how to DISSECT Models SUB[/SUB] in the new Blender 2.8 SUB[/SUB] to convert Singular Meshes into Modular Meshes for Hyper-bashing / Customization, and simultaneously benchmark Modular Character Optimization (c) with the new Skeletal Mesh Merge C++ Plugin I just learned to write SUB[/SUB],

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/297037486851489792/635042097774460929/unknown.png

I discovered …

How to Import UE4 Mann from Blender Without Extra ‘Root’ Bone.
BlenderImportNoExtraBone.gif

For Blender 2.8+

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/297037486851489792/681361667292266517/BlenderExportForUE4.gif

• Select Object Mode

• In Outline, Select Root.

• RMB Select Hierarchy.

• File > Export FBX

• In Export FBX Settings >

• Main Tab > Check Selected Objects

• Geometry Tab > Uncheck Apply Modifiers

• Amatures Tab > Uncheck Add Leaf Bones

• Animation Tab > Check ALL

• Name File and Select Export FBX

And that imo. is reason to not make big games as indie dev. You easily can waste years on project that will never be finished or if finished will not make much money. When you start technology that you use may be top of the line, but at some point you stop upgrading engine, and before you are ready to publish game that tech may be very outdated.

I worked on several Royalty-based Projects, all which have died truly sad deaths. At this point, I’m not confident the model works at all. But, I have deep desire to prove that it does. I’m only interested in Royalties as its closer to having true equity and ownership in the creation. As strange as this sounds, I cannot do Game Dev like a Job.

If the game concept is intriguing and the Lead Developer is fair and easy to communicate with, I would join and be motivated if supplied definitive tasks and can see rapid progress. Otherwise It will not work for myself. I’m aiming to be Lead Dev, that I want to have.

From the experience I’ve had, I would agree it is *Extremely Rare.*It can be discouraging, but, I refused to quit. The term ‘rare’ suggests it is a possibility and pursuing that possbility, is where I’m finding strength and motivation to persevere. I have deep desire to prove that it Royatlty-based project can work and finish the Game. I want to do the near impossible or die trying. In regards to success, I’m certain Marketing plays a major role in success.

I’m guilty of all of the above, But, I don’t view it as a complete waste. I learn many lessons and skills in the process and use those skills to my advantage in other areas to increase my professional value and income in my career. The only lesson I failed to learn was deep diving into super ambitious projects that may never see the light of day. These are the sort projects that attract me, as they are the sort of games I’ve played.

I’m fully aware those games are developed by a gang of Developers at the top of their field. If I worried about that I wouldnt even attempt game development. I’ve developed a few short arcade games over the years. I’m challenging myself to dev something more advance/complex. Something that I want to Play.

I develop modular subsystems so each is a little project within themselves. Completing a subsystem provides some gratification, even if the overall project dies. If the project dies, I just pickup my subsystems and migrate them into the next project. This requires me to shop for projects that will allow me to use and continue development with subsystems. Those projects are rare. So I dont join many projects.

Although Subsystems provide some gratification, I will not be completely satisfied until I complete a Full Game using my concepts and commercially distribute to the masses. If all fails, I can commercially distribute my subsystems in Marketplaces.

I concur with all of the above. I enjoy working on modular subsystems, which provide me a much smaller ‘achievable’ scope. The goal is to combine these subsystem into a ‘Game’. The initials MMO insinuates ‘ambitious’ as it means Massive Multiplayer Online. But, today we have more options with pre created subsystems and content from marketplaces, procedural generation in dcc tools, powerful game development suites like unrealengine 4, and awesome communities like Unreal Forums. In my opinion, no dev truly develops alone.

Everybody I know personally moved with times and quit MMOs altogether.

People these days want instant gratification for everything (social media effect), so yeah MMOs are kinda dead if you’re not World of Warcraft or a niche Korean product, even those are facing harsh times.

Hi [USER=“434”]BrUnO XaVIeR[/USER] ,

I want to give you my sincere thanks for your awesome Property Transfer Utility it is a Life Saver. In regards to MMOs being Dead, can you share your thoughts on WHY the individuals you know quit MMOs?

I personally think we need a new terms to represent Large and Small Scale Multiplayer Games and Network Design style. For example, this forum is a sort of Massive Multiuser Forum, a MMF, GOD of DREAMS isn’t a traditional MMO, its more specifically a Managed Network of Player Hosted (Small Scale) Servers with a Server/Friend Location (Matchmaking) services to transfer clients from one Server Map to another. I would define it as a, Multiverse.

Because they are unlikely to “grind” in a mmo again to only then begin enjoying the game, while games like Fortnite they can play the thing right out of the box and quit a match any time they have to without any serious consequences.

I remember playing a MMO with them and just to get together 16 players ready to “raid” took over 3 hours then the raid itself took 4 more hours to finish because people make a mistake and the “party wipes” killing everyone…

It’s an absurd timesink for very little “fun” or “reward” ad they say.

When I read your initial post, the first thing that surfaced in my thoughts was Minecraft. This was followed by Second Life/Opensim, then by most of the online games I play(ed), whereby some of those that create armour, mounts, pets etc get a % of the virtual selling price. Not every component is made in-house. Would it be fair to say that there are similarities? I ask because I was intrigued by your opening post Title.

I personally believe MMO’s will grow in use and blend the borders between those environments currently used by business, where reality is so paramount, they use the full stretch of today’s technology to gain it. That technology, whilst out of reach to the average gamer for now, will soon become a reality. Feeling like you are there, will become so enriched when you realise the avatar beside you, is someone just like you, same goes for the whole team and not a puppet. After all, this is the eventual goal of nearly all MMO developers. I have seen online gaming evolve beyond anyone expectations over the past 2+ decades I have been watching and participating, and yet, there are still so much more immersion to come.

Greater feedback (maybe via a suit to begin with, then sound and air projections working on your body) will enhance the realism, the environment created in a space, (as opposed to a pair of goggles), that give full peripheral vision… then the icing on the cake, smell.

My friends are dying for MMOs without an unnecessary time sink attached to it. Wow classic wastes time when it comes to raiding and a few of the endgame instances, but most of the game can be played in short bursts or even for longer periods easily and be enjoyable. Unless you are doing group material you can log out at anytime, and even then you can log out if you have to. In which they will just replace you. In MOBA’s and competitive FPS its much more demanding of time. If you are trying to climb rank you will be locked into games until they are over which range from fifteen minutes to an hour with very little time to even go to the bathroom during game.

There is still desire for good engaging MMOs unfortunately all the hurdles of making/financing one are stopping a lot of competition from entering the market. So we get a wow re-release and korean grind mmos. If the focus was less on wasting time and more on enjoying content, people would be all for it.

This game is similar to roblox? Player generated worlds and content from a digital repository that can be built at run time.

It continues to grow and expand year on year. They are doing quite well.

‘Grindy’ Game Mechanics are common in JRPG/RPGs. Massive Multiplayer Online RPGs were the first Games-As-A-Service and I suspect the RPG ‘grind’ was implemented as a strategy to support subscription and free-to-(pay) models. I understand the need for such monetization models, if the game is to have continuous content and feature updates. I also understand the need for some 'repeatable game mechanics and content, so players don’t blow through the content rapidly.

Taking your statement in consideration, in GOD of DREAMs, we’re pursuing a gameplay design that removes the ‘feeling’ of grind, while adding the feeling of ‘fun’ and ‘reward’ for the time invested in playing. Our approach is incorporating Modular Arcade Style Combat and Puzzle Mechanics that are short that increase in engagement as they are repeated. Hopefully interesting mechanics will emerge from the combination of these mechanics. Wire up these the Reward/Penalty of these mechanics to a customizable Hierarchical Scoring System (aka Stats Progress) inspired by Incremental Games and Tabletop RPG Character Stats Sheets.

We also believe that *Creativity *is driven by Boredom, and providing players collaborative tools to create (heavily customize) in-game content and mechanics will push the game beyond the normal playtime. This is why we started our development firstly building a collaborative construction system and its at the core of many of the content systems.

Sure, you can add Minecraft + Second Life to the long list of inspirational games for us. But, actually our primary inspiration is from concept of Online 3D Virtual Malls {1 2 3}. G.o.D is the interface to our Online Store. We approached the concept differently because we’re Game Developers firstly. We did not want to develop a 3D Mall or attempt to replace them. Malls are for humans. In fact, I personally only go to the mall to get out of the house and see other people.

We wanted to develop Game Worlds filled with adventure and support game development. UN-intuitive as it may sound, it was logical step to build a fully functional online store first (turnkey with Wordpress/Woocommercesoftware), followed by the game to communicate with it. So that’s what we did.

I do agree with your statement ‘MMO’s will grow in use and blend the borders between those environments currently used by business’. I would push that narrative even further by stating that The Automation Revolution will drive Human’s into ‘Virtual Economic Systems’ evolved from their ancestors formerly known as MMOs.

The dynamic of 1 directional exchange: player trades time and real world currency for virtual awards will be replaced by a true 2 directional exchange: player will trade time and real world currency for both virtual and real world items/currency. Countless Virtual Jobs and Businesses will spawn, that can only have value and exist in cyberspace. I would predict Cyber Generated Revenue (CGR) to over-take the concept of Universal Basic Income (UBI) because, Human require purpose to exist.

Short Answer

Yes, GOD of DREAMS is similar to Roblox as in a creation platform which supports Game Masters and Players in creating Action FPS/RPG campaigns rapidly.

• Intermixes Art Styles: Photo-realism, Voxels, Low Poly, Stylistic, Others.
  • Emphasizes on Collaborative Construction/Customization for Environment and Entities.
  • Procedural/Generative Content Systems for Environment and Entities.
  • Emphasizes FP Shooter Combat Mechanics.
  • RPG Elements inspired by Tabletop RPGs. A Tabletop RPG Experience Facilitator.

Long Answer

Tabletop RPGs such as (D&D, RIFTs, Generic Universal RolePlaying System) fuel my ideas for a RPG design. In Tabletop RPGs, the Game Masters and Players create the experience using pure imagination collaboratively. It was difficult to find this experience in Computer-based RPGs until I acquired the Adventure Construction Set. This was the closest game at the time that allow me to use lots of imagination to create RPG Adventures with a Computer interface. The only drawback was that I could use it in Single Player mode. I enjoyed creating, but had no enjoyment in playing what I created,because I already knew what to expect.

In my opinion MMORPG design started on the wrong foot. It started from perspective of a Computer RPG Experience not a TableTop RPG Experience. The premise of sprawling fantasy world with thousands of players was appetizing, but truth is, Core concepts of a RPG go back to TableTop RPGs which only enough room for a Game Master and small Band of Players.
We’re re-engeering the MMORPG Design from the ground up based on a TableTop Experience designed for a massive number of concurrent players.

Truth is not everyone can be a Super Hero, but you also dont need to be a Super Hero to be a Winner.

Imagination is the key ingredient. Supporting rapid creation is the key to unleashing the Imagination. Rabid Creation using Collaborative Construction with Modular Parts ()Hyper-bashing) and Procedural Generation.

I agree, I was one of the original spawners of a virtual currency that would become universally acceptable for micro payments in virtual environments. However it has to be considered that it will never gain as much validity as one would hope. Exchange rates taken locally could mean some countries can gain wealth through giving good exchange rates locally, this will no doubt become infested by the black markets, this could also mean the removal of control over so many economies and those in that position, bearing in mind, all ‘national’ banks, Bank Of England, Bank of America etc etc, are all privately owned and not state controlled. Money laundering, evasion of taxes, moving money in and out of a country, etc are all hurdles that will control the outcome.

You have an interesting concept and I very much wish you success.

Seeking 100 Blueprints Scripters to assist in building FTPS/RPG Game Core Subsystems:

• Hyper-bashing: Collaborative Construction/Customization with Modular Parts: Characters, Armor Sets, Masks, Creatures, Weapons, Melee Weapons, Vehicles/Crafts, Machines, Architecture, Structures, Props,

• In-game Collaborative Level Designer, Missions/Quest Builder, & Story/Dialogue Building System.

• Procedural/Generative Content Systems for Environment and Entities.

• Mass Destruction and Dismemberment

• On-demand Vantage POV: Smooth transition between First Person to ThirdPerson to Cinematic Camera.

• In-game Portrait & Icon Creation System.

• Unified Projectile-based Combat System for Guns, Bows, Magic, Melee Weapons, Melee Attacks.

• Unified Jobs (Non-combat) Repetitive Tasks/Recycling Systems: Mining, Farming, Fishing. Lumbering, Hunting.

• Unified Inventory System: Attributes, Skills/Abilities, Weapons/Magic, and Equipment.

• Unified Text Console: Chat, Dialogue, Script/Macros, Bot Commands.

• Text/Voice Recognition and Synthesis.

• Mutators: Modular Game Mode Rules.

• Modular Puzzle Mechanics.

• Cash-Driven / Non-Cash Driven Tournaments: PvP & PvE

• Next Generation Behavioral Rules-based AI for Bosses, Soldiers, Zombies, Wildlife.

• Full-service Shopping Mall/Marketplace: Virtual & Digital Goods Delivery.

• VR Support (HMD + Motion Controls): Massive Multiplayer Spectating, Procedural Railshooter Style Camera System, Voice Recognition.

Interested? Lets Chat here.

You have an interesting game idea, but it doesn’t seem like it is completely practical. Any chance for a little more information? What about a GDD? And how big is your current team? How do you plan on organizing a team that big? What about art?

Just listing the coolest things you want to see in a game and asking others to make them for you without pay may not yield the interest you are hoping for.

Thanks for your interest [USER=“1000255”]Tate Hertel[/USER]. The subsystems listed can be practically found in most RPGs and other genres. We’re consolidating subsystems to minimize work. Here’s our Game Design Document & Asset Implementation Map. We currently have 3 Blueprinters (to include myself). Each Subsystem will have a dedicated Blueprinter to focus, experiment, develop new features, debug, and polish. We anticipate only 3 to 5 Blueprinters will join and actually do work. We possess a large Asset Vault and we’re leveraging these assets by intermixing Art Styles: Photorealism, Voxels, Low Poly, and Stylized.

Thanks for your interest @Djinghis. This is a royalty-based project and we’re listing our features like everyone else here recruiting. In fact, we’re offering more detail. These features have been in development and progress posted throughout this post. On the contrary, the interest in our development has been greater than expected.

[TABLE]

Visual Illustration of …

Weapon ‘Chassis’ Customization Concept.

Featuring: 			
  1. Frame Parts Attachment/Adjust
  2. Internal Parts Attachment/Adjust
  3. External Parts Attachment/Adjust
  4. Designed to use the BAD * MORFO HyperBasher Construction System.

Seek 3D Mechanical Parts Modelers who want to try something different. Help us create Mechanical Parts & Accessories Attachments for this concept.

WordPress Online Services API
via HTTP (WoOSAH)

https://thegamedevstore.com/v2/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Icon128.png

[TABLE=“align: center”]

Test #1: Server|Client Registration (support Server|Client Presence & Matchmaking)
Test #2: Multiple Dedicated Server Instance Registration.

We’re doing things different, seeking out Game Developers (Visionaries) who want to innovate and change the game.
If that’s YOU Join Us Today!

Experimental Game-bashing with Marketplace Assets into a playable game ‘The RIANTH’, A Co-op Rogues-like Horror Action FPS. My prototyping testbed for subsystems and art style for GOD of DREAMS. We’re not going for the typical one game experience, we’re aiming for multiple experiences. Multiple Games in one, some short, some long.

HeadlessStudios.com will produce several games within GOD of DREAMS multiverse in episodes. Each varied significantly in genre gameplay, lore, and artstyle. Some may cross share ‘tie-in’ content (Persons, Places, Things) to create an loosely-connected Mythos (using similar to JJAbrams Cloverfield Franchise).

Roster:

• GOD of DREAMS: The R I A N T H – Co-op Rogues-like Horror Action FPS inspired by many games. Features Core FPS Gameplay, Monster Destruction/Gore, Strange Enemies, Sci-fi Weapons.
  • GOD of DREAMS: The Headless Dreamer – Cyberpunk Lovecraftian Cosmic Horror (CthulhuPunk) Detective Story – Features Multi-Singleplayer ( Single Player Game world in which other Players can enter on-demand their game sessions and play as NPCs [friend or foe]); 3 Player Copilot in which Three players control a single protagonist, Story Character Customization. Photo-Memory Mechanic. Concepts of Fractal Cosmology.
  • GOD of DREAMS: Cray Cray Crash Dummy Super Ninja (aka Tengu) – ‘Bright’ Cyber Punk Action Adventure Platformer with Acrobatic Action Like Marvel’s Spider-Man 2017 – features Single Player, FTP, Vertical Level Design, Slicing Mechanics for Enemies, Manual & Auto Target Lock for Dual Weapon Targeting [Gunkata], Procedural Rail System for Run & Gun Sequences; Rag-doll Driven Acrobatics, Stylized Acrobatics {Parkour, Wall Running}. Ninja Tropes: Shuriken (Boomerang), Ninja ‘Tech’ Magic, Ninja Stealth (Color Match).
  • GOD of DREAMS: Lore of Yamaia – Anime Styled Sci Fantasy Action RPG in which miniaturized Characters exists in a Giant Modernized World. Features Stylize Characters/Creatures, Architectural Visualization.
  • GOD of DREAMS: 0 T I C A, Metallic Gods of Love and Hate – Fantasy Mecha Combat. Features High Density Modularity, Attach as many weapons you want any where wire up a control. Battle in fantastical destructive environments.

If you’re interested in getting in on this development join the our discord.