Gloomy, gray atmosphere?

Hey guys. I’m trying to create a lifeless, gloomy scene in my game that takes place in a graveyard. Basically, I’m wanting a gray, cloudy sky, thin fog, and a gray-ish tint to everything. How would I do this? Especially the tint, without actually recoloring the texture of everything? Any other tips for making a gloomy, depressing-looking atmosphere? Thanks! If my description of what I’m looking for isn’t good enough, let me know and I’ll try to find a picture.

Sure, use the Postprocess Volume and tweak the colors there :slight_smile:

Thanks, trying this right now.

Where do I tweak the colors?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. Thanks!

Exponential Height Fog works great too, but be wary when using it with atmospheric fog if you have foliage in the level

Do you mean all foliage or just transparent stuff? Both fogs are just post process effects that does not care where the depth value has come. With transparent objects fog has all sort of problems thought.

It might be transparency in general, I haven’t checked. I know that when you have more than one fog volume in the world though, it stops fogging on foliage.

Thanks guys! Got the look I was going for. I used steam particles and attached them to the player for a really foggy look. I also added exponential height fog, and changed the sky to a gray color. Here’s what it looks like. :slight_smile:

Thanks again!