Glass not working?

I used this glass, works inside UEFN but not in Fortnite

Right click the material > Make Public. Try again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where? (This is from inside the game files btw)

Oohh, that glass.

Technically it should work as its a texture out of the FN library, might have a better chance making your own glass material!

1 Like

I’m running into this same issue, and I wanted to use the cheap glass material I had created in UE5. Unfortunately the cheap glass material tutorials I found required an HDRI itexture to fake the reflections :frowning: Not sure if we actually are able to create our own cheap glass materials in UEFN, because HDRI textures are not supported?

Have you been able to? Translucent materials are super expensive and I have an entire wall of glass windows in my shop. When I created translucent glass in UE5 and used the Optimization view to check the Shader Complexity my whole wall lit up bright red. The UE5 material I want to use is Additive, or it works with Modulate too.

@AxelCapek I think I’ve heard you request support for HDRI images for cubemaps, right? Is there a post about this that I can upvote?

Is this related to Nanite? If your mesh is set to use Nanite, it currently can not have translucent materials on it.

1 Like