Update: This giveaway has closed! The winners have been announced in this post. Thank you everyone who entered! In the meantime - the template is now on sale for 25% off on both the UE4 Marketplace and Gumroad! You can read more about this over in this post. Thanks!
So, it’s almost been one month since I released the multiplayer update to my Survival Game Template, and the response has been overwhelming, with over 100 copies sold in that time!!! I’ve already released 5 updates for the system since then (with a 6th one coming in a matter of days), patching out all bugs that have been brought to my attention, as well as adding new features such as unlocking crafting recipes with books, regenerating health, randomized container loot, and a heap more. Documentation is still being created, and I do want to increase the frequency of that, but the documentation being done is very detailed and thorough - you can see this over at the hub at http://survivalgame.site. The discord server (which you can join via this link) I run for support is now just short of 100 members, with many of them quite active, and some of these members will be submitting tutorials and free content for use by the community!
In the near future, I intend on adding more documentation, adding even more features via updates (you can see the MSGT roadmap here), and continuing to actively support the template and the community surrounding it. But to celebrate the success of the template thus far, I wanted to do something a little different.
As such… I will be giving away a few copies (2 or 3 depending on how many people are interested) of the template for free! And anyone who owns Unreal can enter to win! All you need to do? Submit a post here giving your most interesting survival game idea! Maybe you want to make a survival game set in the ocean, where you play a single solitary dolphin being stalked by great white sharks. Perhaps you want to take the survival genre into new directions and make a religion-based survival game, where a group of religious zealots take over a small town and you are left trying to sneak about to gather supplies to survive each day. Or maybe you’ve got a brand new spin on the normal zombie-survival formula that you think will stand out above the noise… Whatever your idea, it doesn’t even need to be crazy and different, share it here and on the last day of February (the 28th) I will choose a few winners and announce them here in the thread, as well as on the official Multiplayer Survival Game Template thread, the MSGT Hub and a few other places such as Twitter and the like. Winners will receive a PM via this forum and simply have to provide an email that I can send a 100% off discount code for the template on Gumroad to and bam, you will have a copy of the template, completely free of charge, with full legal right to use it in game development, and with full access to any and all future updates. Maybe you can even make that sick idea that won you the contest then!
Some simple rules…
- One entry per person. You may change your entry at any point, but at the time of selecting the winners, the most recent idea posted by you will be considered your entry.
- Winners will be chosen based on their ideas and what I think is the most interesting. These choices are final.
- The giveaway is being run by me (as the owner and creator of the tempalte) and is intended to be a celebration of the template’s success in 2017 so far. The giveaway has absolutely nothing to do with Epic Games.
- You will need a Unreal Engine account to use the template, and the template is only intended for use in Unreal Engine. You will be bound by the same use restrictions as any other purchasee.
- Upon winning, winners will receive a free copy of the template via Gumroad via a discount code entitling them to a once-off purchase at $0. This will entitle them to all updates, bug fixes, and future additions to the template.
For those who are unaware of the template and it’s features, I’ve included the trailer, along with some information, below. You can check out the release thread here, or view the item on the marketplace here for even more detailed information. I look forward to your submissions as well as seeing what people do with the template in the future (winners and purchasees alike). Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks for all the support of this product - it’s been amazing
Some information on the template…
This 100% blueprint powered template has everything you need to get your survival game up and running
Packed to the brim with all the standard survival game mechanics, as well as some of the more exotic ones, the template is easy to configure, easy to extend and easy to learn. Mechanics are all **modular **so you can drop anything you don’t need to save time and processing power.
Built with almost a year of feedback on the singleplayer origins, this template is now 100% multiplayer ready and optimized for network play.
Including systems to manage hunger, thirst, time of day, temperature (both body and world), health, oxygen, blood, stamina, power, poison and more, you will be able to give your players the survival challenge of a life time! Includes a full extensive graphical inventory with support for randomised loot spawning, chests, item cooldowns and more.
Full documentation is being written up on a wiki-based website, and an extensive future roadmap of features is planned for updates. All blueprint logic is extensively commented and easily laid out for learning and understanding.
There’s never been a better time to jump on board and buy the original Survival Game Template!
For more details and a full feature list, please visit http://survivalgame.site
- 100% blueprint Graphical HUD driven by player stats
- Graphical drag and drop inventory complete with item cooldown timers
- Dynamic hotbar
- Chest and loot system, including RNG drops on enemy death
- Dynamic time of day, including support for third party day/night packages
- Player health system
- Player hunger and thirst systems
- Oxygen management suited both to majority AND minority vaccuum/underwater environments
- Blood management including bleeding on player taking damage
- Stamina/energy management system
- Flashlight/torch with optional recharging battery management
- Volume-based poison system
- Multi-faceted temperature system, taking into account time of day, player body temperature and more
- First and third person camera modes, including both behind player and over-the-shoulder view
- Crafting, salvaging and harvesting
- Customisable weapon/ammo system
- Main menu and session browser example framework
- Advanced movement mechanics such as crouch, prone, sprint, etc.
- Visual feedback system for player stat levels
- And much, much more!
*Please note that whilst it is possible to add this to an existing project with a little work, it is intended to be a template as a basis for starting a new project.
For more info visit http://survivalgame.site (being updated as time allows).
All artwork included are intended for demonstration purposes only.*
EXTENDED FEATURE LIST
Please see this page on the Multiplayer Survival Game Template Hub
Please see this list of updates for all updates to date, including instructions on how to apply important bug fixes yourself where possible (in case you have already extended the template)
Click on the thumbnails for the full screenshot (opens in new tab).
http://www.dapperraptor.xyz/Resources/SGT/MSGT/Thumbs/Screenshot_Starting.png http://www.dapperraptor.xyz/Resources/SGT/MSGT/Thumbs/Screenshot_AI.png http://www.dapperraptor.xyz/Resources/SGT/MSGT/Thumbs/Screenshot_ContainerView.png http://www.dapperraptor.xyz/Resources/SGT/MSGT/Thumbs/Screenshot_Crafting.png http://www.dapperraptor.xyz/Resources/SGT/MSGT/Thumbs/Screenshot_Equipment.png http://www.dapperraptor.xyz/Resources/SGT/MSGT/Thumbs/Screenshot_Blueprints.png