Guys I want the player to input where they would like to teleport to in the world and I was wondering if that was possible.
Hi, sure its possible. If you need to know how, then you need to ask more specific =)
For example you could popup a widget to select a location (from predifined locations or just by clicking on a map or …). Or you could click a key and teleport to a preset location that is linked to that key or …
The Teleport in your second image will be immediately called after StartCreateWidget and will therefore use the default variables you have in your StartCreateWidget.
You could make a new button in your widget and when the player clicks it relay that to the character and do the teleport.
Could you explain how I would go about relaying to the character because all I have is a button that opens the level where the character is.
Save a reference to the character (or playercontroller if you’re switching characters) in your widget and when you click on the button, call an event on the character / playercontroller and from that do the teleport.
You can get a reference to the player character (would need to cast it to the class you’re using) via Get Player Character | Unreal Engine Documentation
and the player controller (would again need to cast it to the class you’re using) via Get Player Controller | Unreal Engine Documentation
OMG THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH IT WORKED
