Getting NDisplay and Vive Tracker working together?

So I’ve been banging my head against a wall trying to figure out why I can’t get the Vive tracker to play nice with my NDisplay setup.

The Issue:
I can run NDisplay but I can’t get the Vive Tracker or Valve Index controller to drive any motion for the camera in the NDisplay scene.

UE 4.25.3

The Setup:
I have OpenVR, Ndisplay, etc all running fine, other than the screen tinting red when it loads the scene in NDisplay. Right now I’m trying to get my SteamVR and aa Vive Tracker to drive the camera postion within NDisplay. I’ve followed Ben Kidds tutorial here: - YouTube and here - YouTube to a T.

I’m trying to drive off of one PC to one display, so nothing fancy. I got VRPN-OpenVR to recognize and even debug the tracker just fine (it lists as a ‘controller’ on my system, but that shouldn’t matter, and I’m having the same issues with my index controller)

I’m using the example project and built in VRPN blueprint (DisplayClusterRootActor1_BlueprintDisplayCluster) that was included.

I’m at wits end and I’m supposed to have this working by Friday. Anyone have any ideas?

Here’s my config file for reference:

[info] version=“23”

[cluster_node] id=“node_1” addr=“localhost” window=“wnd_1” master=“true” sound=“true”

[window] id=“wnd_1” viewports=“vp_1” fullscreen=“true” WinX=“0” WinY=“0” ResX=“3440” ResY=“1440”

[viewport] id=“vp_1” x=“0” y=“0” width=“3440” height=“1440” projection=“proj_simple_1”

[projection] id=“proj_simple_1” type=“simple” screen=“scr_1”

[screen] id=“scr_1” loc=“X=0,Y=0,Z=0” rot=“P=0,Y=0,R=0” size=“X=0.787,Y=0.33” parent=“display_1”

[camera] id=“camera_dynamic” loc=“X=0,Y=0,Z=0” parent=“socket_cam” eye_swap=“false” eye_dist=“0.064” force_offset=“0”

[scene_node] id=“cave_origin” loc=“X=0,Y=0,Z=0” rot=“P=0,Y=0,R=0”
[scene_node] id=“eye_level” loc=“X=0,Y=0,Z=0.385” rot=“P=0,Y=0,R=0” parent=“cave_origin”

[scene_node] id=“column_1” loc=“X=0.6,Y=0,Z=0” rot=“P=0,Y=0,R=0” parent=“eye_level”
[scene_node] id=“display_1” loc=“X=0,Y=0,Z=0” rot=“P=0,Y=0,R=0” parent=“column_1”

[scene_node] id=“socket_cam” loc=“X=0,Y=0,Z=0” rot=“P=0,Y=0,R=0” parent=“eye_level”

[input] id=“ViveVRPN” type=“controller” addr=“openvr/controller/LHR-EE07FCC2@localhost:3884” loc=“X=0,Y=0,Z=0” rot=“P=0,Y=0,R=0” front=“Z” right=“X” up=“Y”
[input] id=“MAxis” type=“analog” addr="Mouse0@127.0.0.1"
[input] id=“MButtons” type=“buttons” addr="Mouse0@127.0.0.1"
[input] id=“KButtons” type=“buttons” addr="Keyboard0@127.0.0.1"

[general] swap_sync_policy=“1”

[network] cln_conn_tries_amount=“10” cln_conn_retry_delay=“1000” game_start_timeout=“30000” barrier_wait_timeout=“5000”

[custom] SampleArg1=“SampleVal1” SampleArg2=“SampleVal2”

Attached image for name for device in UE blueprint

1 Like

Any solutions?