Geometry Editor 2.0 suggestion thread

So, I’m coming from the Radiant and Hammer realm. There, you can pile THOUSANDS of BSPs into your level without any performance hit to the editor and always be working and seeing your level in 3D. How do Unreal level designers cope with BSPs that force you to disable real time updating before you ever hit 100 of them? I opened up the demo maps that come with the new Unreal Tournament (CTF-Crash Site, CTF-Dam) in editor and realized that, holy cow, these levels are entirely BSP. I can only imagine that the way these large, complex levels came to be is by painstakingly editing the BSPs in orthographic wire frame. Ouch… Is this really the standard Epic is setting for designers to prototype levels in 2015? If BSPs in Unreal are always going to be hobbled like this and not get the attention they deserve, I’d rather see innovations going to streamlining level prototyping through external 3d editors instead.

I don’t want to see BSPs go away, but for the love of god, all I want to see right now is my geometry updating in real time from start to finish of a level block out.