Generic Itemization Plugin - Free

Itemization is generally speaking the process of defining and creating Items, these Items can apply modifiers to attributes, grant new abilities to their users or affect other changes to gameplay. A typical example of what Itemization is can be found in ARPGs like Diablo or Path of Exile.

The Generic Itemization Plugin implements this process in a way that can be applied to any style of game that requires the instantiation of Items from predefined aggregated tables of Items and Affixes. Some of what the Plugin provides are mechanisms for controlling things like rarity, distribution, stats and their ranges, through Affixes as well as how those Affixes are to be applied to particular Item types.

The plugin manages these things through DataTables and InstancedStructs. These DataTables describe things like DropTables, ItemDefinitions, AffixDefinitions, ItemQualityRatios and AffixCountRatios, which provide the foundational data behind what Items are, what Affixes are, their qualities and how often they appear and much more.

The plugin comes with a sample project that implements sample data to visualize the Itemization process that it provides.

You can download it for free at the link below.

All feedback and questions are welcome.

So join us on Discord to discuss!

Just finalized the Documentation and published the 1.0 release!

Ive started a Roadmap for this on Trello. Mostly so its easier for me to track what stuff I have planned going forward, but also useful for people to see that information as well.

There are quite a few things that I didnt get around to doing for V1.0

I have just released version 1.1 of the Generic Itemization Plugin.

This release introduces the Item Inventory Component. A fully network replicated ItemInstance management component.

The Sample Project also comes with supporting User Interface to facilitate usage of picking up Items and being able to place them within the Inventory.

Check it out below.

Version 1.2 for the Generic Itemization Plugin is in.

Full support for stackable Items, including splitting stacks.

Take a look at the demo here which also shows full multiplayer support as well.

Join us on Discord if you are interested in discussing the plugin, its usage and/or development!

Version 1.3 of the Generic Itemization Plugin is finally here.

This release introducing functionality for supporting Sockets! Items can be socketed into other Items, allowing inheritance of Affixes!

Take a look at the demonstration below and let me know what you think!