I’m very new and not sure if these things are possible (and if this is the right subforum):
My aim is the generate a high quality version of my game (which has different graphics detail settings) and then extract lower quality versions with reduced content/file size.
- strip 1 or 2 highest mipmap levels away from textures
- remove high quality materials from build
- remove highest quality meshes of the LOD versions from build
- or generally remove high quality version for everything there is LOD available (e.g. also blueprints or custom stuff)
- Is this already possible or do I have to code such things myself?
- Can I control which mipmap level a material uses? So to create a low quality material that uses level 2 as level 1? (that I then would have to adapt automatically on stripping old level 1, doh)
- Is there some global “LOD manager”, e.g. to have all kind of LOD (blueprints, materials, particles, meshes, terrains, custom stuff) centrally controlled?
- Is automatic LOD generation supported (without paying for Simplygon)? Does UE4 support progressive mesh technology or is there a plan for it? If not, anybody in the community working on implementing that (e.g. copying this: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=77319 )?
Thanks and regards