Generating a dungeon in UE5

Hey,
I was thinking about how to generate a dungeon and stumbled upon this guide:

Since it’s now closed for commenting I wanted to ask some help here because I have some gaps in my knowledge when it comes this kind of stuff and the doc linked has some gaps too.

From what I could gather this is what I ended up with. I especially have many questions towards the end, especially with the “create a corridor” function.
Any help and tips would be great, bonus if you have improvement ideas!

I am working through the same tutorial and have noticed the same gaps. My comprehension is much lesser than yours, so I was wondering if your finished product was functional, and if so, if you would be willing to share the overlapping method that was left out of the original tutorial? Thank you. Also, where is the generate spanning tree function called in this iteration, as following the tutorial, it is very not clear. Appreciate you greatly.

Hey, on the same boat as you, didn’t manage to figure it out yet. Especially the “create a corridor” function with the 4 nodes going into it elude me, I have no idea where they should connect inside the function…

I assume you mean this overlap? I have NO idea if this is correct lmao, tell me if you can figure it out! Or hopefully someone smarter saves us…

If you’d rather just “have a procedural dungeon you can configure” rather than “learn the algorithm and how to implement it in Blueprint,” then I’ve had success with the Dungeon Architect plugin. It has a blueprint-based customization level that lets you choose different algorithms and build your various asset sets, but it also comes with C++ source code if you want to customize it at the base level.

So, if you just want a procedural dungeon system, because your game needs it, that’s an option to look into!

As wonderful a suggestion as that sounds, I notice that plugin also boasts a 300 dollar price tag, which is a tad out of the price range for a school project. Thank you for the suggestion, but it is not so much an unwillingness to learn the algorithm and implementation as a simple lack of fundamental understanding of where to start in learning where and how to implement it. There are certain elements within the tutorial that feel very clear to understand and are well explained, but others feel infinitely less clear, making it much more challenging to comprehend. If there are any resources that come to mind that may assist in the “learn the algorithm and how to implement in blueprint” part, that would be the most ideal outcome. Thank you sincerely for the contribution anyway.

Oh, sure! I just reported my experience on the topic.
FWIW, I tried to check the price, but because I already have it, the marketplace doesn’t show me the price anymore :slight_smile:

I’m kinda on the same boat here, it’s just something I can’t really pay for at this point being unemployed and all, so I’ve just learning stuff, especially because procedural stuff is so interesting! I kinda figured out a way to go around this if I’m going to do the project I was planning though.