GDC Talk was Pure Awesome!

Hi Epic Games and Unreal Community!

Just watched the Epic Games main talk at GDC 2019 and all I can say is WOW!!

It’s such a pleasure and inspiration to see the truly awe-inspiring content, films and games, that the worldwide Unreal Developer community is making. You guys and gals are really pushing the envelope with new features. It’s such an honour to be working with such fantastic software, developed by such cool and hardworking people. Well done!

The Quixel science fiction film was out of this world!

And the Deep Forest troll cinematic with Real Time Ray Tracing demonstration was magical and beautiful!

Robo Chaos with next level destructible environments was just so much fun and just awesome!

Thanks so much Epic Games for sharing your stellar software with the Game Developer community! You guys and gals are the best! :smiley:

If any of you here on the forums havent watched the Epic Games 2019 GDC talk, go check it out, it’s Epic!

Also just wanna say Tim Sweeney is an awesome, cool guy. One of my heroes. He always makes me smile!

Many thanks and Big <3

You can see the full Epic Games GDC 2019 State of Unreal video here: https://youtu.be/s55Uob494Do

Shorter individual videos / parts of the GDC talk, including the Quixel film, Troll Ray Tracing Demo and Robo Chaos are on the playlist:

Enjoy! :wink:

Why no link?

You mean this I guess

The rendering refactor tech talk was the most intriguing and the guy (with the long hair, sorry I forgot the name) did a solid job presenting it.

I want to watch it, where can I find it? For some reason, it’s neither on twitch nor on youtube. I waited till the stream was over to then be able to watch it at 2x speed, to save some time, but for some reason Epic seems to have deleted the recording on both twitch and youtube? Why?

Same here. For some strange reasons they disabled all archives ?!. It is impossible to find it on twitch/youtube/facebook. They will be uploading individual talks later but nobodu knows when. I was planning to watch all talks today.

The talks were up on youtube, but unlisted.
They could have just made them public and spared us the pointless wait.

Hey mates! :slight_smile: Yeah I watched the Epic Games GDC Talk live strean on Facebook yesterday. I also can’t find a link to the full talk. As soon as I find one, I will post it. Cheers! :slight_smile:

I’ve also been looking for them. I was only able to follow a bit of it live. The live stream would not let me skip to earlier sections either.

Are they still online and unlisted? If so, do you have the link?

[USER=“9”]Stephen Ellis[/USER] Do you know why the streams were removed and if they can still be watched somewhere?

Let’s dive into conspiracy theories! /s

I found this Unreal Engine GDC 2019 Keynote – GameFromScratch.com (not from Epic, but should be good enough for now)

Unfortunately wasn’t able to watch the live stream. Has there been any news on development of core engine features for game development - like improvements to lightmass or dynamic lighting? They presumably talked about rendering for non-game projects from the looks of the quixel and troll trailers and they probably talked about distant future tech like raytracing but I`m curious if there was anything in the pipeline for current/next gen development in terms of rendering? IBL? Progressive Lightmapper? SSGI? better UV seam management with lightmaps? virtual textures for lightmaps? stuff like that?

Oh yeah, conspiracies!
Many people complained that Unreal Fest recycled multiple GDC presentations last year. Maybe they will share GDC presentations after Unreal Fest, so people can watch them there :smiley: Just kidding, should be available soon https://twitter.com/danacowley/status/1108826055672881152

Thiswas the second half of the talks. It was unlisted, but It’s not available anymore.

It likely won’t be up until GDC is over. Epic staff is probably pretty busy at the event.

Here you go:

More will be added to here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZlv_N0_O1gYrzsn-fTzsrJq4sQPlAiqb

Thanks very much Order66 and Stephen Ellis for posting Links to the GDC talk. Cheers! :slight_smile: