Gamma setting of 2.2 is washing out the Editor

When using the editor the gamma is set to 2.2 (default) but the editor and everything in-game is washed out.

Has anyone seen an issue like this or know of a fix?

To compare this is what it should look like.

Looks like a HDR tonemapping bugg.

I would first turn off HDR in the windows settings. (right click desktop and go to desktop settings) So where I have seen something like this is using a capture card. The capture pc had a Nvidia 980m and pc being captured had a Radeon 9800XT. The video feed for the 9800XT was 4K with HDR. The capture card was rated to down sample the 4K HDR to 1080p SDR. Although the System requirements were a Nvidia 1050 or better. Also that Nvidia 1650/1660 would not work with the capture card. Besides that I would change the gamma in unreal link text or on your screen. You never said if this was a global gamma problem.

thanks for the suggestion, any idea on how to fix it?

Hello there!
I’m also seeing this problem after installing the disguise Renderstream Plugin. I noticed it happened afer i installed it and i also saw diffing the DefaultEngine.ini file against a previous version prior to the plugin installation that it changed the values:
r.PostProcessing.PropagateAlpha=1
r.DefaultBackBufferPixelFormat=3

I dont even know if this is relevant to how the editor is rendered on the screen but I would really appreciatte if someone could help figure out how to change ir back to normal.

No HDR enabled here.

Setting the debug tool to a value of 1 seems to make it right again, but I’m not sure if this is the right way to go.

Thanks!

I had the exact same issue.

In DefaultEngine.ini under [/Script/Engine.RendererSettings] these two lines appeared:

r.PostProcessing.PropagateAlpha=0
r.DefaultBackBufferPixelFormat=3

I just commented them out for now (you can comment by adding a "; " in front of a line). You could probably delete them as well. Not entirely sure if they are necessary for renderstream to function though.