Gameplay Abilities Module

Hi there,

I’ve been looking at the source for the GameplayAbilities Module, though unfinished, it seems perfect for the project I’m working on.

Can you give any timescales as to when it’s likely to be finished and included in the engine? I couldn’t find a reference to it on the trello roadmap.

I’ve only just started looking at it and I’m already stuck! (Any idea how to get my custom AttributeSet/Attributes visible in the Gameplay Effect modifiers?)

Thanks

Dann

Have a look here:

It’s still a very rough prototype. There is a working first pass of the system, but if you use it, you can almost be certain you will need to refactor some things later on.

Hello! I just gave a more in-depth reply on the other thread, but basically it’s still pretty WIP, but I expect it to settle down a bit in a month or two (though still not be polished/friendly to use/intuitive by then). It’s probably not on the trello roadmap because it actually didn’t originate as an engine feature, but instead by our game teams, who then figured it would be neat to share if we could make it work generically for other games. Hoping to integrate with the engine team on it better in the future!