Gamepad-Friendly UMG ~ Control Cursor with Gamepad Analog Stick! Easily Click Buttons!

can i get a download plz? i new to c

is there a 5.1

A plugin version for UE 5.1 would be appreciated, since Epic games doesnt bother to add essencial features like these

1 Like

Hey guys, need a hand please. my problem today I have a great game BUT Iā€™m looking for a system/plugin who detect automatically the gamepad.

for example to navigate inside menu, settings menu with sliders for sure like in a AAA production ! I try many things like some plugin on the unreal marketplace, but each time, it not works perfectly depending the kind of widgets.

so my question, is there any plugin who detect automatically, free or with extra $? I donā€™t care, i donā€™t want waste my time with this detail ! thanksā€¦

Im currently using the UI NAVIGATION plugin, the free one on the marketplace, you probably already tried it out, it has been useful for me. Hope it helps!

Already Done ! I had some issues with it !

Whats the issue? may I ask? Perhaps I stumbled across the same issue

Nope forget it, Iā€™m using Common UI now or another plugin ! but thanksā€¦

1 Like

how do u do Drag&Drop operation ?

Made a video on how to do it, it may not be the best video or the best example but this should give you an idea on how to implement it on other situations.

2 Likes

o i see u not using ā€œUI NAVIGATION pluginā€ does it not work? ps thanks you

1 Like

It does, but after setting up this tutorial, I noticed that I dont need to use that plugin to achieve a drag with the gamepad. I was suggesting that plugin because I used it on my main project and it worked, but now I dont use it anymore, I simply use the method that I teach on the tutorial. If you have any problem let me know!

1 Like

about sometimes moving mouse without inpu in 5.1 version
FGameAnalogCursor::FGameAnalogCursor(class APlayerController* PC, float _Radius)
: Velocity(FVector2D::ZeroVector)
, CurrentPosition(FLT_MAX, FLT_MAX)
, LastCursorDirection(FVector2D::ZeroVector)
, HoveredWidgetName(NAME_None)
, bIsUsingAnalogCursor(false)
, bInitialized(true)
, Radius(FMath::Max(_Radius, 16.0f))
, PlayerContext(PC)
{
ensure(PlayerContext.IsValid());
// MISIIN INIT
AnalogStickValues[static_cast(EAnalogStick::Left)] = FVector2D::ZeroVector;
AnalogStickValues[static_cast(EAnalogStick::Right)] = FVector2D::ZeroVector;
}
I think plugin lacks init values for analog sticks and fetch some wierd memory trash casted to double :smiley: