Download

Gamepad-Friendly UMG ~ Control Cursor with Gamepad Analog Stick! Easily Click Buttons!

I hope you have right.
It will be a shame if implement this and cant use it in newer versions.

no idea how to resolve these errors but this is what i get when i try to manually rebuild for 4.26 from 4.25. this is a sample of the errors

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol “__declspec(dllimport) class UClass * __cdecl Z_Construct_UClass_UDeveloperSettings(void)” (_imp?Z_Construct_UClass_UDeveloperSettings@@YAPEAVUClass@@XZ) referenced in function “void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for ‘public: static class UObject * (__cdecl*const * const Z_Construct_UClass_UGamepadCursorSettings_Statics::DependentSingletons)(void)’’(void)” (??__E?DependentSingletons@Z_Construct_UClass_UGamepadCursorSettings_Statics@@2QBQ6APEAVUObject@@XZB@@YAXXZ) cpluspluginfix C:\Users\3950\Documents\cpluspluginfix\cpluspluginfix\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\Module.GamepadUMGPlugin.gen.cpp.obj 1
Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol “__declspec(dllimport) public: __cdecl UDeveloperSettings::UDeveloperSettings(class FVTableHelper &)” (_imp??0UDeveloperSettings@@QEAA@AEAVFVTableHelper@@@Z) referenced in function “public: __cdecl UGamepadCursorSettings::UGamepadCursorSettings(class FVTableHelper &)” (??0UGamepadCursorSettings@@QEAA@AEAVFVTableHelper@@@Z) cpluspluginfix C:\Users\3950\Documents\cpluspluginfix\cpluspluginfix\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\Module.GamepadUMGPlugin.gen.cpp.obj 1
C:\Users\3950\Documents\cpluspluginfix\cpluspluginfix\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-GamepadUMGPlugin.dll 1
Error MSB3073 The command “chcp 65001 >NUL && “C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat” cpluspluginfixEditor Win64 Development -Project=“C:\Users\3950\Documents\cpluspluginfix\cpluspluginfix\cpluspluginfix.uproject” -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild” exited with code -1. cpluspluginfix C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 54

are you willing to cook something up again for 4.26? appreciate’cha

4.26 port How to move the Mouse Cursor using the Gamepad – FPS Game Starter Kit

Have fun!

thanks appreciate rama & you!!

I ran into the same issue. For me it turned out to be an outdated version of Visual Studio. Try to update to the latest version, which is 16.8.2 right now, and the problem should go away.

Hey everyone,

Love this plugin, thanks Rama!

My players and I are having an intermittent issue with cursor drift while using a controller. Is there a way to configure a deadzone?

4.27 port, have fun! How to move the Mouse Cursor using the Gamepad – FPS Game Starter Kit

1 Like

Anyone able to figure out how to get the plugin to use the right thumbstick instead of the left?

Is there any way to configure the speed of the cursor? I would like to change it at runtime so players can change the sensitivity :slight_smile:

Pass in EAnalogStick::Right to GetAnalogValues() on GameAnalogCursor.cpp line 149 (as of the 4.26 version)

const FVector2D AccelFromAnalogStick = GetAnalogCursorAccelerationValue(GetAnalogValues(), DPIScale);

to:

const FVector2D AccelFromAnalogStick = GetAnalogCursorAccelerationValue(GetAnalogValues(EAnalogStick::Right), DPIScale);

If anyone figures out how to change which button interacts with the widget I’d love to know.

edit: Ok, I found it, it’s in FAnalogCursor::HandleKeyDownEvent which is apparently a class designed for a cursor to be controlled with an analog stick… which makes me question why any of this exists.

Hello!
It works great for me in Editor. But on a Nintendo Switch, everything is black, it doesn’t work.
Device Output Log writes such weird things!

Output Device Log

Help me!

Oddly enough, when I do this the left thumbstick becomes disabled as long as the virtual cursor is enabled. I need to find a way to have them both enabled.