[GAME] YAG (rpg gameboard)

I love this =) But how do i get a hold of it? Been talking about something like this for years, but never had the know how to make it! Great job

Hey everyone,

v0.8.2.1 is online, with:

• a bit of new content
  • a small modification of the way LUA is handled
  • a new texture management tool for internet pawns to ease the dressing up of maps (some testers did amazing things in this area, this should make their life a bit more comfortable)

The presentation video:

And LUA has now its own dedicated tutorial video:

Cheers
Cedric

Hey! Great work, seams really nice. is it already on steam?
Im trying to access the fullfeatures page but it dont load D:

Keep the good work!

Hay Jshell,

The Steam page is not yet public so you won’t find it.
If i don’t get some negative feedback (=blocking bug) from v0.8.2.1, i’ll release this version as an early access.
if everything goes well, it should be out by the beginning of Februrary.

Cheers
Cedric

This looks awesome!

Do you have plans to do an SDK or Epic Launcher mod tool? Our D&D party is full of artists, both 2D & 3D so it would be really cool to create custom content.

Looking forward to the public release! :smiley:

Hey Wickerman123,

I don’t currently have plans for that but everybody is requesting some way to include personnal content, i hear a lot of steam workshop :slight_smile:
That would be really great, as i would love very much to offer myself some other universes content (SF, WW2, modern, steampunk…).
Something like steam workshop is not realistic at the moment because the workflows to integrate pawns or dungeons themes are quite complexe.
But this is no ordinary forum, this is the UE4 forum, and i never thought about giving some UE4 tools for that.
This is a very good idea indeed, it’s on my R&D todo list :slight_smile:
That said, don’t hold your breath, it has other consequences beside simply adding content: the content has to fit in the UI, which means automated buttons placement, automated tray filling, icons handling and so on. Huge amount of work ahead, and i’ve already a lot on my todo list, given the testers feedbacks^^
So one step at a time, that’s not coming soon, but i’m definitely going to think about it :slight_smile:

Cheers
Cedric

Love this. I will be watching very closely for its release.

Have to agree with what everyone else is saying, this does look awesome. Can’t wait for release :slight_smile:

Hey everyone :slight_smile:

I have submitted Yag to the Steam reviewing process. If everything goes well, i’m targeting a release for the 5th of Feb:

Of course, i’ll update in case of issue and postpone.

I just uploaded the version that should go public: v0.8.2.1.

It’s v0.8.2.0 + some minor bugs corrections found by testers.

And because a release with nothing new is kind of sad, i have added the battle dragons (the armored ones) without their armors:

It’s not much but better than nothing :slight_smile:

Cheers
Cedric

Release has been approved by Steam, so Yag has now a public Steam Page and will be out by the 5th of Feb :slight_smile:

Cheers
Cedric

Hey everyone !

Yag v0.8.3.1 is now online and is probably the version that’s going to be released on Steam tomorrow.

It brings a first attempt toward a more visually pleasing management of character sheets :slight_smile:

Cheers
Cedric

Awesome - I need to pick this up :slight_smile:

Hi,

New version on the main branch: v0.8.3.4.

Not much, it just displays the graphical character sheets pictures with their full res and the flying labels adapt their size to their content.

I posted it anyway because i wanted those two small modifications online before going on with the migration from 4.20 to 4.21, which might take some time.

Cheers
Cedric

Hello,

v0.8.4.1 is out:

• Modules management (to distribute games/campaigns in a single zip file)
  • We can now use local pictures (from the disk) as well as URLs
  • Gamma correction for pictures
  • LUA is now called automatically => character sheets are fully automated
  • New content: a polar bear and an orc tribe

The general video presentation:

Modules are such a huge topic that they got their tutorial video:

As this new important version has not been tested by a lot of people yet, i put it on the beta branch.
Just in case you don’t know what’s a beta branch on Steam, a quick tuto here:

I will put it on the main branch when enough feedbacks will be ok enough.
So feebacks are welcomed here:

Documentation has been updated:
[video]http://yagame.fr/documentation/[/video]

Hope you enjoy :slight_smile:
Cheers
Cedric

Glad to see locally stored images. I was storing images on imgur and grabbing them from there. Zip file of module(s) is nice addition too. Just wish I knew more about Lua now…

Hey Canthitcrap,

Thanks, glad you appreciate :slight_smile:

One small step at a time, Yag is improving. Modules were an obvious necessity, and to have them completely autonomous and internet independant, local pictures were the natural next step.

Plus, many people requested them, not to have to put their private pictures online.

So all in all, here it is, ready for the next move :slight_smile:

And yeah, if you have never programmed in your life, LUA might not be the most comfortable thing to do in Yag.

Yet, it’s a language that is pretty powerful and not too complicated. If you want to start, you can try to have a look at the SimpleRuleset distributed with the game.

If you understand what’s going on in those scripts, modifying or imitating them could be a good starting point.

That said, a VTT is a bit like a gaming console: the content makes the success, not the console.

So Yag might be more widely used one day if and when some people prepare some good rulesets for popular rpgs, for everyone to use with ease.

Not sure Yag is yet completely ready for that currently: the character sheets system is still awkward, i’m still looking for a better solution, or a better implementation of the current solution.

Anyway, this version is a good step in the right direction :slight_smile:

Thanks
Cedric

Posted something on the Steam discussion channel for this beta about the SimpleRuleSet module.
Found my mistake. Didn’t check the CS on harddrive box so wasn’t getting the new CSheet. Could you add a hexagon primitive for the pawns to download pics onto?

Sure, i’ll have a look at that tonight.

Very few games catch my attention nowadays. This one did. I really appreciate what you have developed here. Keep up the fantastic work.

Hi Techlord,

Thanks a lot !
And that’s the intention, there’s still so much to do to get Yag to be a respectable and comfortable VTT :slight_smile:

Cheers
Cedric