Game Kits for the Marketplace

I can understand LexLuthor1’s point-of-view here. We live in age of Genre-mixing, in any perspective. I’m in 1000% agreement with Modular Entity Construction for customizable Entities. In fact, I believe most Entity Types should use interchangeable parts to support on-demand prefab for many different Entity variations to create more in-game content with fewer assets. Isn’t it also possible to devise the Framework in a modular fashion, so that Genre-defining Core Features can be plugged-in (added/removed) to extend the Framework and creating unique game types. I myself intended to develop a similar Framework when migrating DARKNADO to UE4, which features Multi-Multiplayer (Four distinct FP Gameplay Styles: Survival Horror, Action Shooter, Destruction Sim, RTS/Construction played simultaneously on a single Open-World Map).

Honestly I have hard time imagining how would you possibly create Modular RPG game kit.

RPGs are so interconnected systems, where one thing can affect two others (for simple reason of properly implementing RPG mechanics), that I don’t really see it work. Unless by RPG you understand well, we have levels, we have quests and we have two characters stats. Then whatever it might be possible ;p.

My point is that even simple sword swing or shoot from gun, will be depedant on some other data coming from different source (like character stats, buffs, debuffs, etc), and you must take care about this data at weapon level (in one form or another), to make sure it properly affecting you actions.

That is actually a good idea for one extra kit. (Adventure Kit)
[/QUOTE]

You sure about that? I think it should be a generic ‘extension’…
There might be Shooters with climbing and jumping parts…
RPGs could use that feature…
well ok no need to combine it with RTS game I think :wink:

I like the idea. And I’d love to pay an appropriate value for this.
It would save dozens, maybe hundreds of hours of coding basic functionality.

I hope you’ll be able to offer those kits for a decent price!
For now I’d be interested in RPG Kit and the adventure ‘extension’ :slight_smile:

Epic is one step ahead of me. Perhaps, UE4 Game Templates will offer a Modular Framework? I’m going to focus on Content to contribute to the Marketplace.

Any news on pricing? :wink:

Here are a few thoughts:

Mech Cockpit Template - It would be interesting to see how gameplay elements scale “Not only in content” but in code as well. Further implementations might allow for people to enter the mech and exit the mech?
Garage Template - Possibly for cars where you can place decals and modify things such as paint jobs and car models
Abstract Template - An example of this would be Echochrome (Perspective Modifies Collision and Physics)
Arcade Template - Like PacMan or Tetris or PinBall
Race Car Template “Realistic” - This would follow the general rules of real life physics when it comes to drifting, speed, handling, etc.
**Race Car Template “Toon” **- This would be more along the lines of a stylized arcade racer like “Crash Team Racing”
Sidekick Template - For example, you are a third person player who needs to reach objectives that are “out of reach”. So you deploy a helpful robot friend to drive under objects and interact with hidden elements.