Hello, im planning to do some complete game frameworks to sell in the marketplace. For now i have 3 ideas of what i could do, and i would like to hear feedback on them, to see wich should be done first. All 3 of them will be updated on newer engine version, and i will provide support myself.
The 3 kits will be:
- New weapon system, featuring attachment system, and able to make every weapon in a generic FPS, from assault rifles, to shotguns, to rocket launchers and pistols with burst fire. 100% editable and no need for extra code to add weapons
- Complete zombie AI, editable in blueprints and with several functions exposed to blueprint in the case you want to modify it.
- Round and score mechanics for zombie spawning, based on a RoundSystem class that will spawn zombies in different ways, i will provide several different spawner systems
- Fully multiplayer, everything will work without a change in multiplayer, keeping score and kills for each player.
- Grenades and other special usable objects.
- Special Unit class, wich will have editable variables for speed, attack distance, and support for special powers.
- Multiple unit selection, you will be able to box select units without a problem.
- building creation and placement.
- Resource buildings and resources like the crystals on starcraft or the trees in warcraft.
- Top Down camera.
Action RPG kit:**
- Melee combat system, create combos that can be looped endlessly wich as many keys as you want to use (i already coded this), using realistic hit detection.
- Item system, for health potions, armors, etc.
- Spellcasting and habilities, with a lot of functions exposed to blueprints so you can create new habilities with ease.
- Mission system. Create new missions ENTERELY IN BLUEPRINT. Each mission will be a blueprint, and it will have frameworks already for missions like “kill stuff”, “talk with someone”, “go somewhere”, and possibility to make quest lines.
- NPCs, configurable variables so they can hate you or not, sell you things, and talk to you to give you missions, everything configurable without a line of code, unless you want to extend it really far. They will support combat AI.
The zombie game framework is the easiest to make, and could be done in 2-3 weeks, the RTS a bit harder, and the RPG will take a long time to make.
Im looking for feedback of what you think of these 3 frameworks, i will hear your opinions about and see wich one of the 3 has the most interest to the community.
Modular parts like only the zombie game weapon system, or the Quest system for the RPG, will be able to be sold separately.
I already made a simple zombie framework, for UDK, in 2 hours, you can see it here Bitbucket .